Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    I saw an interview this morning on ABC news, with a former AG. The reporter asked him if the police can make Smollet come in for further questioning, and the former AG said ...not if he is unwilling to do so. The former AG said right now, the police is building a case against Smollet, and he will be coming in once they feel they have the investigation complete. This does not stop Smollet from voluntarily coming in with his lawyer, but he does not see this happening. Right now, Smollet is looking for ...cover...

2. Banned
    Wow, this is pretty incredible.

3. Member
    He will eventually plead guilty to a misdemeanor false reporting, pay the maximum fine, get probation, and community service. He may also have to reimburse the Police department for their time. He will not see prison time for this.

If, (I have no clue) he is making this up, he is hurting his own cause. The boy that cried wolf. Resources and time were wasted. Credibility of future no chit complaints will be in question.

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    He will eventually plead guilty to a misdemeanor false reporting, pay the maximum fine, get probation, and community service. He may also have to reimburse the Police department for their time. He will not see prison time for this.
    Yeah but worse is the hit to his career and integrity
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Not a problem - he hates Trump.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Not a problem - he hates Trump.
    Which nowadays makes whatever you do ok and not illegal. Simply amazing.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    If, (I have no clue) he is making this up, he is hurting his own cause. The boy that cried wolf. Resources and time were wasted. Credibility of future no chit complaints will be in question.
    The former AG on the news this morning listed 5 motives people have for filing false reports. I understand they were writing him off the show Empire, he was on....so he was going to be without a job. I think he did this for sympathy....for a like minded director/producer to call him and tell him to come onto a project they were working on. Backfired big time...

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Those crusading for Smollett will be unapologetic when the truth finally comes out. They’ll just shift gears and praise him for “starting a conversation” on all the issues that they’ve raised in support of “the cause”. Whatever, “the cause” is. And in the end it will all portrayed as one person’s fault.
    I will fall out of my chair if Smollett is charged or prosecuted over this ruse.
    Normally I would say the same thing but I saw this morning. Al Sharpton was calling for him to be prosecuted so he may be in for a rough ride

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    It most positively should be a deal killer for his work. The reality is he is from hollywood the make believe world and most of his associates are a forgiving and forgetting kind when it comes to this stuff. They will always defer to the agenda.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Normally I would say the same thing but I saw this morning. Al Sharpton was calling for him to be prosecuted so he may be in for a rough ride
    Prosecution does not always equal maximum punishment.

12. Member
    I would guess the brothers gave the police the info they needed so they turned them loose. Maybe to be charged later, maybe not depending on how good it was.
    Figure if this guy was getting written off he needed to do something to get 'noticed'.

It worked for Kaeperkick. Guy was on his way out as his numbers were mediocre and not improving. 'Poof!' Back in the limelight!

13. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    What is funny is he “allegedly” bought the noose and MAGA hats with his own money
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerPro16 View Post
    I would guess the brothers gave the police the info they needed so they turned them loose. Maybe to be charged later, maybe not depending on how good it was.
    Figure if this guy was getting written off he needed to do something to get 'noticed'.

It worked for Kaeperkick. Guy was on his way out as his numbers were mediocre and not improving. 'Poof!' Back in the limelight!
    I read an article that said the police threatened to charge them with assault unless they fessed up and they did. Can't confirm that until it is official. The article also said the receipt for the rope was dated after the incident.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Those crusading for Smollett will be unapologetic when the truth finally comes out. They’ll just shift gears and praise him for “starting a conversation” on all the issues that they’ve raised in support of “the cause”. Whatever, “the cause” is. And in the end it will all portrayed as one person’s fault.
    I will fall out of my chair if Smollett is charged or prosecuted over this ruse.

I'd say your crystal ball is firing on all cylinders.
    Who controls John Gill?

16. Member
    Just keeps getting more interesting. He will most likely come out of this on top. Thats the way it works these days. Very sad. Losers win, social justice my #ss.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    After the Duke Lacrosse Rape fiasco, Al Sharpton treads lightly.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    Got it. So would/could they have used the logic that the brothers were a flight risk to detain them, or would they just use the firm belief angle?
    They are U.S. citizens born in Chicago. I doubt they were a flight risk and may not even have a passport. They can be detained as long as they are a suspect. The police detained them, got a warrant to search their place and their electronics. Executed the search warrant, weighed the evidence and released them. That took about two days in this case. They were suspects based on the video in which they appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    They are U.S. citizens born in Chicago. I doubt they were a flight risk and may not even have a passport. They can be detained as long as they are a suspect. The police detained them, got a warrant to search their place and their electronics. Executed the search warrant, weighed the evidence and released them. That took about two days in this case. They were suspects based on the video in which they appeared.
    OK. I heard they were Nigerian naturalized US citizens. They were picked up at O'Hare on their way back from Nigeria.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy1 View Post
    This is very true and absolutely ridiculous IMO. I've saw it first hand many times.
    Because YOU said it, now it has to be true?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast