Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    From what I've seen the system is working. They were POI's, questioned, then released. Mr Smollett looks like he better not answer anything without his lawyer right next to him. Of course the police would want to speak with him. If they feel they can arrest him then they have another route to go.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bradjames12 View Post
    I imagine this thread will disappear like the other one
    Not if we stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Unless things have changed, three days without either charges or a material witness warrant.
    Seems they weren’t able to get either and they were released. Don’t know the actual details though.
    Until a lot more information is presented, it’s just guessing. Regardless, we have due process.
    Right. I don't want to discuss the specifics of this case as there is much we don't know. I am just trying to figure out how the system works.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

3. Banned
    Cop sees a BBC memeber at a restaurant and asks, “How is the food here?” BBC response, “I know my rights. I refuse to answer any questions without my attorney present!”

Those crusading for Smollett will be unapologetic when the truth finally comes out. They’ll just shift gears and praise him for “starting a conversation” on all the issues that they’ve raised in support of “the cause”. Whatever, “the cause” is. And in the end it will all portrayed as one person’s fault.
    I will fall out of my chair if Smollett is charged or prosecuted over this ruse.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

5. Member
    There is no such thing as a material witness warrant in state law. Police can detain with reasonable suspicion a crime is occurring and only arrest with probable cause. If they were there for 2 days and released, they were probably willing to stay(which is what I'm understanding) because they seem to be cooperating. During an investigation, no matter if it is a suspect or otherwise, no one has to speak to police if they choose. In court, a judge can compel you to answer however. No one can knowingly obstruct the investigation or you can be charged with that.

6. Member
    If it comes out that his story is fabricated maybe he should be charged with a hate crime. We'll have to see how this plays out.

7. Member
    I must be under a rock. Will need to search to see what is being discussed.
    Praying for a Cure

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    The amount of Justice served in this country depends on your ability to pay a lawyer, as seen in this thread.

And there isn't any more dope being used in TheProjects. It is just these folks can't/won't spring for a Private Attorney so they get stuck w/the PublicPretender who is already overloaded with cases (by design) Then in comes the "Plea Bargain"...

The Urban (Black or 'other'; non-affluent; non-voter) got way more mileage of their cocaine by 'rocking it up' making "Crack" when arrested they went to PRISON.
    The subUrban (White; affluent; voter) used 'whiff' cocaine (hydrochloride-powder) when they got arrested they received PROBATION.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    The Urban (Black or 'other'; non-affluent; non-voter) got way more mileage of their cocaine by 'rocking it up' making "Crack" when arrested they went to PRISON.
    The subUrban (White; affluent; voter) used 'whiff' cocaine (hydrochloride-powder) when they got arrested they received PROBATION.
    This is very true and absolutely ridiculous IMO. I've saw it first hand many times.

10. Banned
    And there isn't any more dope being used in TheProjects. It is just these folks can't/won't spring for a Private Attorney so they get stuck w/the PublicPretender who is already overloaded with cases (by design) Then in comes the "Plea Bargain"...

These kinds of truth are hard for some folks to swallow.

11. Member

What's next?? You going to tell us the cash bail system isn't fair to the poor and working poor??
    Surely it's acceptable to treat people differently based on economics. Courts are capitalistic too.

12. Member
    What's next?? You going to tell us the cash bail system isn't fair to the poor and working poor??
    Surely it's acceptable to treat people differently based on economics. Courts are capitalistic too.
    Can't speak for your area but here the vast majority of bonds are ROR. Most bonds that are heavy on the money side are serious felonies.

13. Banned

The criminal element was different between crack and coke.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    The criminal element was different between crack and coke.
    Don't kid yourself, it was absolutely a war against the 'undesirable' elements.
    Look no further than white collar crime punishments versus blue collar.
    Our system has issues, it's not perfect. We should look at improvements.

15. Banned
    Don't kid yourself, it was absolutely a war against the 'undesirable' elements.
    Look no further than white collar crime punishments versus blue collar.
    Our system has issues, it's not perfect. We should look at improvements.
    Please..... did you sleep through the 90's or was the issue just "out of sight, out of mind?"

16. Banned
    Some people just want to push the race card no matter what the issue happens to be. They have to push that nonsense on everyone in attempt to strengthen their agenda.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    Some people just want to push the race card no matter what the issue happens to be. They have to push that nonsense on everyone in attempt to strengthen their agenda.
    I guess that’s all they have for the Sheeple to follow and get those votes.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    I must be under a rock. Will need to search to see what is being discussed.
    Here ya go:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...se-has-shifted

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pol...llett-comments

He might have screwed himself with this interview when he said those were the guys that assulted him:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-of-interview

19. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Love how this is blowing up in his face. Where are is supporters now? Don’t think he will be on Ellen soon although robin roberts still standing by him
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Love how this is blowing up in his face. Where are is supporters now? Don’t think he will be on Ellen soon although robin roberts still standing by him
    Even Al Sharpton is dissing him.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast