livescope questions

first off im not a garmin man but i need to get in on the livescope bandwagon. first off which head unit would be the recommendation of choice? I see with the SV units they vary wildly in price between the transducers- which would be best for hooking up to my ultrex if thats even an option or do i need to run the transducer to the back? I plan on mounting the livescope on one of the all aboard ladder's mounts like the HB360 he makes for the ultrex. thanks for any recommendation.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

2. Member
    I have mine on the ultrex shaft. Went with the cheapest unit 93 as I already have 3 giant graphs. It is phenomenal

3. Member
    keep in mind livescope has a lot of detail.. gpsmap would be a better choice over an echomap.. almost twice the pixles.614k vs 320k you will have lesser image quality.

I used livescope on 1222 and running screen splits greatly reduced detail. where as ps 22 offered same detail whether used half screen or full.

I also happen to have a gpsmap 922xs for sale.

cheers
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    93 is a perfect fit for scope price you can’t beat it and still delivers great detail.

5. Member
    If price was not an issue is a larger screen at all beneficial for livescope? Paul mueller is using a 7612.

You want it mounted in your trolling motor. That way you can aim it where you want to look by turning the trolling motor. I have the 93sv plus and it works great. All you will use it for is a monitor....or at least that’s all I use it for.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

7. Member
    I went with the GPSMAP 1022xsv. Primarily for the bigger screen and greater resolution.