Need advice Triton TR-186

I am looking at a 2008 Triton TR186 with 2007 Merc 150 EFI with around 200 hours. It has a Minkota Edge trolling motor and two Lowrance Hook 5 Depth finders, one on the counsel and one on the Casting deck. Asking 15k. If all checks out is this a fair price? Boat looks clean and has been kept in a shop. Thanks

2. Member
    The TR186 is a great boat. That price is slightly high in my opinion. My buddy bought a 2002 TR186 in 2013 for 12k out the door from a dealer. It was and still is in mint condition.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    Thank you for the reply. What do you think would be a fair price? I would say the boat is in very good condition, there are some small flaws cosmetically so I would not say show room, but very good.

4. Member
    $14000 top with the efi and hydraulic steering.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    $14000 top with the efi and hydraulic steering.
    Thanks for the reply. KBB shows low retail ~12500 and average retail ~13800. That said I figured 13800 should be top dollar, so your price top at 14K it’s probably pretty accurate. I just did not know if these boats were pulling more or less than KBB. From what I read, the boat itself seems to be a pretty popular and solid fishing boat. That’s a positive I guess. Now if I can just get the price to where it’s fair.

6. Member
    The used boat market seems to be strong right now. I see dealers and private sellers getting great money on used boats. Offer $13,500 and negotiate from there.
    Brad Krone

7. Member
    I am with Triton Brad $12,500 to $13,500.

8. Member
    The deal is dead. I offered him $13,800, and he is firm on his $15,000 tag. So I will keep looking. Thanks for the advice and direction. I cannot afford to pay more than something is worth obviously. I did like the boat, but it’s only worth what it’s worth.

9. Member
    ive been looking and they are priced all over the place. the motor hurts that one in my opinion. 2000-2008 in great shape with opti is running anywhere from 10-15k.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    The deal is dead. I offered him $13,800, and he is firm on his $15,000 tag. So I will keep looking. Thanks for the advice and direction. I cannot afford to pay more than something is worth obviously. I did like the boat, but it’s only worth what it’s worth.
    That almost what I paid for mine 5 years ago with 12 hrs on it but keep in mind something is worth what people will pay for it. I think 15 is high, but it may not be depending on your local market.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    That almost what I paid for mine 5 years ago with 12 hrs on it but keep in mind something is worth what people will pay for it. I think 15 is high, but it may not be depending on your local market.
    thanks for that information, same year boat and motor. 5 years later, so confirmed price is too high. Hopefully I can find another more reasonably priced as I really like the boat. My offer stands with him, so far he still has not sold it. I don’t think he will come off price based on visiting with him, he is not real motivated to sell.

12. Member
    thanks for that information, same year boat and motor. 5 years later, so confirmed price is too high. Hopefully I can find another more reasonably priced as I really like the boat. My offer stands with him, so far he still has not sold it. I don’t think he will come off price based on visiting with him, he is not real motivated to sell.
    I think the same way, I don't believe he really wants to sell the boat. if he did , he would take your offer and fast. I have a 2006 Tr-186 with an 150 Optimax and I love it. I am handing it down to my son, no need to sell this boat, it still looks brand new and I believe my son will take good care of it.

13. Member
    I purchased a 2003 tr185 for a little under 8k in 2016 when I lived in Alabama. I’m in Wisconsin now and I see similar boats going for 10k-12k. I guess people charge more up here due to the shortage of bass boats. If you don’t mind driving you could probably get a better deal further south
    2019 19trx w/ 225 V8 Pro XS

Actually, mine has the Optimax which probably drives the price up a little.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

15. Member
    I found a second one, same year as yours with a 150 OptiMax, they want 15.5k. I’ve kind of change my focus to a new boat.

16. Member
    It is according to the condition, maintenance, appearance, stored in or outside. I have a TR-186 that looks like a brand new one believe it or not with an Optimax 150 on it but it has been babied, stored inside, and only has a little over 100 hours on it. I recently sold a 2007 Toy Hauler for $5000 over the bank value for cash because it looked new. Just used that as an analogy. Good luck finding a nice, clean boat!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    It is according to the condition, maintenance, appearance, stored in or outside. I have a TR-186 that looks like a brand new one believe it or not with an Optimax 150 on it but it has been babied, stored inside, and only has a little over 100 hours on it. I recently sold a 2007 Toy Hauler for $5000 over the bank value for cash because it looked new. Just used that as an analogy. Good luck finding a nice, clean boat!
    good advice here