Thread: Networking

Question Networking

So Ive decided to stack two 93Sv units on the bow, I want them to be networked to share the one ducer. I understand I need a network cable; but the ends of these cables appear to be that similar to an ethernet end. On the back of the units (93SV plus Echo) there is only an ethernet plug labeled Panoptix. Whats left is Nmea. Am I missing something?

Chad

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    What ducer are you putting on bow??? If a "regular" ducer all you need to do is get the network cable and link the two. Yes it will plug into the "Panoptix" port, that is also ethernet port. Now if you plan on putting another unit or Panoptix ducer into the mix, you will need to get the network expander to network everything.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Fishin Coullion. The plan for now, is to use the 52 Ducer for the two units. I do plan on adding a 3rd at the console and understand the ethernet ports at this point for panoptix. Just too confirm. I can stack these two, run power to second unit, connect using network cable "panoptix" port to "Panoptix" cable and both units will use the one ducer??? all Side, down and mapping will work on both units this way?

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/1132/pn/010-10550-00#

Link above is the network cable you will need....sonar will work, mapping will not.....

5. Member
    Mapping will not work at all? Or just on one of the units?

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Mapping will work independently on each unit, you just can't "share" mapping....

7. Member
    Thank you very much fishin couillon. Awesome information

8. Member
    I just bought 2 new 93sv plus' and the process of networking the 2 of them together is the one part that I am still a little confused about. The instructions with the units aren't clear on how to network and what is shared. With both having the same basemap i m not really worried about sharing the map, but I would like to at least share waypoints. Can I simply share waypoints via WiFi through the Active Captain app, or do I need a NEMA2000 network or can i use that ethernet cable that Fishin couillon posted earlier in this thread. I do not have Panoptix yet (probably a next summer investment). I am glad I found this site, there is a lot of great info on here! I am mostly a musky guy, but do my share of bass fishing on Minnetonka as well.

9. Member
    Fishin Couillon is dead on. He has that setup on his boat. Sharing waypoints is done through ethernet so you need that cable. If/when you add Panoptix you'll need GMS10 or something similar to get more ports.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

10. Member
    Terrific, that is what i was hoping. Sharing via an ethernet into the Panoptix port is pretty easy. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JDMN1 View Post
    I just bought 2 new 93sv plus' and the process of networking the 2 of them together is the one part that I am still a little confused about. The instructions with the units aren't clear on how to network and what is shared. With both having the same basemap i m not really worried about sharing the map, but I would like to at least share waypoints. Can I simply share waypoints via WiFi through the Active Captain app, or do I need a NEMA2000 network or can i use that ethernet cable that Fishin couillon posted earlier in this thread. I do not have Panoptix yet (probably a next summer investment). I am glad I found this site, there is a lot of great info on here! I am mostly a musky guy, but do my share of bass fishing on Minnetonka as well.
    I am also installing 2 Echomap 93SV Plus units. My instructions say you CANNOT share waypoints using the 2 extra wires on the power cable, but the Garmin site says you can. Is anyone doing it this way or do I need to buy the ethernet cable? Also, if you buy Panoptix down the road, how will you share waypoints then?
    2005 Xpress X19 Tournament Series Dual Console
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinTN View Post
    I am also installing 2 Echomap 93SV Plus units. My instructions say you CANNOT share waypoints using the 2 extra wires on the power cable, but the Garmin site says you can. Is anyone doing it this way or do I need to buy the ethernet cable? Also, if you buy Panoptix down the road, how will you share waypoints then?
    If you have 2 Echomap Pluses, I believe you can share waypoints between them (with just a network cable). If you add Panoptix or Livescope, you need to add the HD box (GCV10 I think).
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

Quote Originally Posted by BassinTN View Post

Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    If you have 2 Echomap Pluses, I believe you can share waypoints between them (with just a network cable). If you add Panoptix or Livescope, you need to add the HD box (GCV10 I think).
    Right, with the 7x/9x Plus units user data sharing is only with ethernet, and only with other Plus units. Blue/brown wires on PWR cable only work for sharing with the 4x/6x Plus units and the older echomaps.
    Garmin Pro Team

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Right, with the 7x/9x Plus units user data sharing is only with ethernet, and only with other Plus units. Blue/brown wires on PWR cable only work for sharing with the 4x/6x Plus units and the older echomaps.
    Thank you for clearing that up!
    2005 Xpress X19 Tournament Series Dual Console
    Yamaha VMAX HPDI 175

15. Member
    For those of you installing yourselves, please add info and/or pics to the installation thread:

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=959006