Santee/Cooper Water Temps

Been doing the military thing down range for the last 2 weeks and just got back last night. Anyone know the water temps for Marion or the Cooper. I was out on the Marion before I left with muddy 58 degree temps but haven’t been able to keep up with the local weather. Also curious if the water clarity has improved. I’ve never seen the Cooper so muddy.

Thanks for for any help.

2. Member
    Had 54 today on main lake of marion and 57 in euataw creek.
    2011 21xrd
    2011 250 Pro XS

3. I'm your Huckleberry Chuck D's Avatar
    Hit lake moultrie yesterday and saw 53 on the lower end and 55 on the upper end. Never went in to the canal or up in to Marion (maybe I should have....).

I had a very tough day yesterday and saw no fish shallow other than some massive carp and a few jack fish. Not a single cruising bass, no beds, and no panfish.

I fished duck pond, the back side of the hatchery, several coves on the NW part of the lake, various road beds, creek channels, and then ran down to pinopolis to fish docks and nothing was going on for me despite the nice weather. I'm just a little ahead of them right now I guess and I have a habit (not sure if it's good or bad) of fishing fast which I'm used to doing in colder water that have both spotted bass and small mouth in them vs largemouth only filled lakes. My mistake is fishing too fast and likely not deep enough. Targeted 10' - 1' and hit every stump that I could with a crank bait as well as flipped trees for hours with worms, jigs, and senkos.

Square bills, deep cranks, jigs, TX rigs, spinner baits, jigs, senkos, swim jigs, and jerkbaits were the tools selected for the job yesterday with nothing more to show than a lonely jackfish that I hooked up with shallow on a tx rig worm. Frustrating day for sure and even more so now that I am out for the next 3-4 weeks with a knee replacement taking place tomorrow. I'll be counting the minutes until I can get back out there.

4. Member
    Chuck, your day has sounded exactly like far too many of mine recently! The kitchen sink wouldn’t catch em. Hopefully they start moving up because I’m sure hoping I’m just not around fish because same as you, I haven’t even seen the least bit of activity