Vessel View Mobile Problem

2007 Mercury Pro XS 225 serial 1B389279.
    Boat is a 2007 Triton 21 HP.

I installed the Mercury Vessel View module per the instructions plugging it into the diagnostic port and moving the yellow terminator cap to the other ''leg'' of the Vessel View Mobile harness.

When I turn the key to the on position I get a blinking led on the bluetooth that stays blinking, and the Smartcraft led blinks rapidly 3 times then goes out.

When I connect my phone I get error ''Cannot complete initial setup'' again since I dont have a solid Smartcraft LED on the module I assume it is not communicating with my engine.

My engine runs fine, after reading here I purchased a new yellow cap terminator it did not fix it and it has the same problems.

Thanks for any help getting the vessel view module working.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Disconnect and Reconnect each connection (module and terminating resistor).

Test terminating Resistor (make sure it is 120 ohms).

Check fuses on engine for any blown fuses.

Delete APP, then download/install app FRESH. Make sure bluetooth is turned ON on your device (test it with another bluetooth device).

If problem persists, contact seller to arrange warranty return/replacement of the unit.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    So I tried all the above to no avail. I brought it to a dealer the worked on it for 2 hours to no avail also...

What we do know is the vessel view module works fine on any other engine than mine. The 4 fuses under the cowl are good. They tried to plug in a smartcraft tachometer with digital display it also would not work with my engine. The mercury laptop diagnostic system works as it should as far as the dealer could tell.

All other engines that this has been plugged into the smartcraft led stays lite up and works as it should, on my engine I dont ever get the smartcraft led I just get the blinking self test when you first cycle the ignition.

My smartcraft conector on the side of the engine has 5 wires blue,white,red,purple, and black. The conector on the smartcraft vessel view mobile module also has a orange and green wire. Does my engines connector sound right?
    Thanks for the help or any other insight you may have.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Orange and green do not apply.

Up in the side panel, behind your control and switches is a nasty spider-web of wiring. Triton's wiring harness had the Can-P wires dangling up there (blue wire and white wire... one had a male bullet, the other a female).

I've seen several of these where "assembler unknown" decided to plug these two wires together, resulting in a dead short of the Can-P circuitry.

Might be worth checking into....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Thanks Don,
    That's exactly what happened!!
    I unplugged the blue and white wire behind my side console and everything works as it should.
    Thanks again for your time and expertise.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Glad it hadn't already caused PCM damage... which can happen.

7. Member

dual merc 150 vessel view problem

[QUOTE=EuropeanAM;10143033]Orange and green do not apply.

Up in the side panel, behind your control and switches is a nasty spider-web of wiring. Triton's wiring harness had the Can-P wires dangling up there (blue wire and white wire... one had a male bullet, the other a female).

I've seen several of these where "assembler unknown" decided to plug these two wires together, resulting in a dead short of the Can-P circuitry.

I noticed your conversation, i am having the same problem. I have a dual 150's on a 2017 Mako 234cc. Could this be the same problem as mentioned above & would look under the help or is this something on the motor? I have mine plugged into each motor the green lights do what they are supposed to but it wont connect. I have called quite a few Mercury techs and service outlets but no one seems to have an answer. Thank you for any advice you may have.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    [QUOTE=fpomilia;11786691]
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Orange and green do not apply.

I noticed your conversation, i am having the same problem. I have a dual 150's on a 2017 Mako 234cc. Could this be the same problem as mentioned above & would look under the help or is this something on the motor? I have mine plugged into each motor the green lights do what they are supposed to but it wont connect. I have called quite a few Mercury techs and service outlets but no one seems to have an answer. Thank you for any advice you may have.

Frank- Welcome to BBC!

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, open a SEPARATE post for your engine (in the correct forum), and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!