Anyone Using Them?

Did lots of time on the computer comparing batteries and here's what I decided. Interstate 27m lead acid flooded batts for the TM. A Deka or Duracell 31 AGM for a cranking battery. I was just curious of y'all's thoughts on these batteries and who has or is using them.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I'm using SRM-27 flooded cell for my TM. I've had good luck with them over the years, getting 4yrs or so service. I check the water level and specific gravity a couple times a year. When you start using water, it's about time to think about replacing. Got a SRM-29 for cranking. Thinking of going to their 31 AGM next time. Interstate batteries on Industrial has always done me pretty good on pricing. Cheaper than the other dealers in town.

Yea I've bought golf cart batteries from that store, probably where I get my TM batteries. Pretty sure I can get another year out of the Sears platinum agm, starting my 7th year with that batt and still going strong. My TM batts are also going into their 7th year, they're a Pro Series made by Johnson Controls, I can get them out of state but can't find them anywhere around here. Their specs are higher than any other lead acid 27m battery I've found.

4. Banned
    I had a Deka 31 agm in the boat I sold to my neighbor in August ad it was a damn good battery, no complaints at all with it.

Runnin the SRM 29's.. So far all is good. This is nay second season with them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Did lots of time on the computer comparing batteries and here's what I decided. Interstate 27m lead acid flooded batts for the TM. A Deka or Duracell 31 AGM for a cranking battery. I was just curious of y'all's thoughts on these batteries and who has or is using them.
    I have been running Interstate 27s for about 15 years with no problems...

Personally, I would bump the TM batteries to 29's.. They are a little more weight but the extra reserve is worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by WB View Post
    Personally, I would bump the TM batteries to 29's.. They are a little more weight but the extra reserve is worth it to me.
    Can't, not enough room.

I understand. I know I had to go to a 27 for my 3rd battery because of room restrictions. Actually running two 29's and a 27 on my 36v

The 27's will be fine. Had them since September 2012 and they've never gotten low on me. In fact when I had the boat out last week they were doing fine. But I know they must be close to their last charge. Incredible how long they've lasted.

11. Member
    Only battery that ever lasted a long time for me was American made Optima’s. They moved production out of the country and are no better than any other battery now.

12. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie206 View Post
    Only battery that ever lasted a long time for me was American made Optima’s. They moved production out of the country and are no better than any other battery now.
    I looked at Optima once and at the time, based on years of service I was getting and what I was paying for Interstate, I could keep myself in Interstate batteries for 10 yrs for the cost of one set of Optimas that I figured wouldn't last near that long.

The Group-34 Optimas in my last Ranger lasted about 9 years. There was still one original Optima in it when I traded it in. When the batteries go out in my Skeeter, I plan to replace them with Group-34 Optimas. They are way lighter than most AGM batteries. I could fish Amistad 2.5 days without charging the group-34s in my 21ft Ranger. They would probably go longer, but 2.5 days on Amistad is enough.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225