Banned

Fury 4 equivalent?

Which pitch fury 4 best compares to the fury 3 26p? Looking to try something different this season.

2. Member
    Not sure what hull you're running but I was a firm believer in 4 blade props and I still am to some extent. You see the boat in my siggy and after I added additional vent holes to my Fury 25 3 blade, I'm planning to run that exclusively this year. It made one heck of difference in holeshot for sure and is damn close to the 4 blade I run. I added (3) 5/16" holes to my 3 blade and it made a world a difference. Something to think about with your current prop.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

3. Banned
    I have the same boat only with an etec 250. I've run a few different props... 25 fury rpm to high, 26 fury blew out on take off, 26 raker ho good all around but slow to plane with heavy load. I'm hoping a fury 4 26 would be the best all around.

4. Member
    My boat came with a Raker 26” prop but it was real slow getting on plane. I switched to a 25” fury 4 and the hole shot is incredible. Top end I can get around 69-70mph fully loaded with two guys. I would consider my boat fairly heavy as I have dual power poles and run 4 group 31 agm batteries.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by randy_almeida View Post
    My boat came with a Raker 26” prop but it was real slow getting on plane. I switched to a 25” fury 4 and the hole shot is incredible. Top end I can get around 69-70mph fully loaded with two guys. I would consider my boat fairly heavy as I have dual power poles and run 4 group 31 agm batteries.
    What rpm are you turning? I have dual poles, 3xgroup27 and 1xgroup31. With a 25fury 3, I run 70mph but run into the limiter. Don't want to spend the money and find I need a different pitch.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sabby View Post
    What rpm are you turning? I have dual poles, 3xgroup27 and 1xgroup31. With a 25fury 3, I run 70mph but run into the limiter. Don't want to spend the money and find I need a different pitch.
    I don’t remember exactly...it was around 6000. I know I’ve never had the rev limiter kick on.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

7. Member
    To answer the OP question a 26p fury 4 will be the equivalent as a 26p fury 3. They were made to spin the same or close to the same rpm’s pitch for pitch. I ran a 24 f3 and now run a 24 f4.

8. Member
    Sabby ........ curious as to what you ended up with, though it might be too soon still ........ I too have a Z520/ 250HO Etec that came with a 26" Raker. I'm running a single PowerPole and only 3 batteries.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    Sabby ........ curious as to what you ended up with, though it might be too soon still ........ I too have a Z520/ 250HO Etec that came with a 26" Raker. I'm running a single PowerPole and only 3 batteries.
    Water is still frozen up here, but I will get a fury 4 26p.

Currently my boat runs best with a 26p raker, I have tried fury 3 in 25p and 26p. 25 just wasn't quite enough for my setup, which is similar to yours only one more pole on the back. I see you have an 09 eyed, so you would need to make sure you have an M2 lower unit otherwise go down a pitch compared to my setup if you have the lightning lower.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sabby View Post
    Water is still frozen up here, but I will get a fury 4 26p.

Currently my boat runs best with a 26p raker, I have tried fury 3 in 25p and 26p. 25 just wasn't quite enough for my setup, which is similar to yours only one more pole on the back. I see you have an 09 eyed, so you would need to make sure you have an M2 lower unit otherwise go down a pitch compared to my setup if you have the lightning lower.
    I have a very lightly used Fury 4 26 that needs a new home. Message me if you are interested. It's just not right on my stepped hull.
    2015 Yellowfin 21 with 2014 Yamaha SHO 250

I have the same boat and motor as you and I have been going crazy trying to get this problem solved. I was told to try a Tempest plus because it has better bow lift than the Fury. I have not tried one yet. I have the Lowrance HDS data interface cable hooked up from my motor so the rpms are accurate, I have never had a warning about going over the limiter. I have tried different props here's what i had. PTP did not make much difference except gained 100 rpms by raising the motor slightly. 26 Raker 2..... terrible, terrible hole shot, slight blow out when breaks over but after it breaks over it ran like a bat out of hell. 6000 Rpms @ 74 solo. 6000 Rpms @ 71-72 2 guys tourney load. 26 Fury 3.....acceptable hole shot especially after the Raker 2's hole shot, 2 guys tourney load 6100 rpms @ 70 26 Bravo 1...... with 3 large holes, excellent hole shot and handling, 2 guys tourney load 6100 rpms @ 69-70 27 Bravo 1xs.... all holes open except 1, great hole shot not as good as the 26 Bravo 1 but still good, 2 guys tourney load 5850 rpms @ 69-70
    Last edited by luigisbass; 02-25-2019 at 05:48 PM. Reason: typo

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin Bob71 View Post
    Not sure what hull you're running but I was a firm believer in 4 blade props and I still am to some extent. You see the boat in my siggy and after I added additional vent holes to my Fury 25 3 blade, I'm planning to run that exclusively this year. It made one heck of difference in holeshot for sure and is damn close to the 4 blade I run. I added (3) 5/16" holes to my 3 blade and it made a world a difference. Something to think about with your current prop.
    Did you drill the holes yourself and where exactly do you drill them? I feel like my 26P Fury 3 blade is the right prop, but hole shot is crap. I picked up a Fury 4 25P and Fury 25P that I plan to try this spring. Would hate to drill my current prop without knowing whether that would fix my holeshot, but sounds promising based on your post.