Thread: Infinity q50

Infinity q50

Anyone with any experience ?

Yep, stay away from as well as most Nissan products.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

AGREE ! High maintenance .
    1995 CHAMPION 171 DC

The Q50 is a nice ride. Had a Q50s for a while last year.

The G35 I own is a nightmare, I can only Imagine a Q50. Even though it's owned by Nissan they are different. Around here they price the same parts differently, Infiniti more expensive so raise the price but keep it in Nissan bag. Techs that have to follow procedures from Infinti but working on a Nissan that can't figure out they are same engine. I have friends that have taken their car to Nissan dealerships only to be told they can't fix it need to go to Infinti dealership, they drive 100 km to dealership to watch mechanic from Infinti dealership drive it across the road to Nissan again.

Mines a winter beater that I wrench on myself If I didn't know how to fix it myself the car would be scrapped, its a 2006 yet that I paid 3k for and it maintains like it's the 40k car it was brand new.

The Q50 is a great looking car and I would like to drive one but the 04 and 06 I have have turned me off from them awhile.

I had a G37xs for a while and it was a good car when I had it. Met its maker in the form of a 200 lb buck at 70 mph, but that's a different story for a different day. I had a BMW 335xi after that and as far as driving experience, power, and comfort the BMW beat the doors off of it (despite the BMW having less hp and only slightly more torque), it was just the reliability I was concerned with in the Bimmer. That's why I bought the Infiniti in the first place as they were highly regarded at the time. No experience with them since they changed from the "G" to "Q" designation. That said, it's basically a Nissan Maxima with different logos, some different styling, and an analog clock.

Consumer Reports gives the 2019 an expected 3/5 for reliability. Reliablility ratings on a scale of 1-5 from 2014 through 2018 are 2, 1, 2, 3, and 3 respectively. Not the best endorsement. I'd look elsewhere - you can probably find better performance in a Bimmer, or better reliability in a Lexus.

The maintenance claims are overblown in terms of routine maintenance. Change the oil, and generally perform exactly the same maintenance you'd perform on any other car. It's not like it's a McLaren just because it's a "luxury" automobile. That said, if stuff breaks it definitely is more expensive as Skeet mentions.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

7. Member
    Check out the Nissan cvt transmissions. I love my Titan but wouldnt buy anything with the Nissan cvt
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

8. Banned
    We have a q70L. 40,000 trouble free miles, had a g35x years ago and had no trouble with it either. I would buy with confidence.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    Check out the Nissan cvt transmissions. I love my Titan but wouldnt buy anything with the Nissan cvt
    I mash the crap out of a Nissan Altima work car. No CVT transmission issues ever.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lpugh View Post
    Yep, stay away from as well as most Nissan products.

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    I mash the crap out of a Nissan Altima work car. No CVT transmission issues ever.
    They took longer than most to iron them out, but newer Nissan CVTs have not had issues based on my reading. The early ones were a problem.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

12. Member
    had a nissan altima as a rental last february and I was thoroughly impressed and was astounded by the gas mileage.
    You should know that in bee tending if you don't shut your trap the bees will get out.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Lucky you. Several friends (including Nissan engineer and accountant) who have had major issues with theirs.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    Lucky you. Several friends (including Nissan engineer and accountant) who have had major issues with theirs.
    Probably the most reliable to date. Rode hard, really hard. (Probably croak now that I praised it)

15. Member
    My wife had a 2011 Nissan Murano which had the CVT transmission (I think) and she loved it. We traded it in with a little over 100k miles on it and the only issue we ever had was one sensor. It was an extremely tight and quiet ride in the cabin. I always thought it was a very nice vehicle. I'm not a mechanic, but I've always heard the Infinity crossovers shared some parts with the Nissan crossovers, so thought I'd give my experience.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)