problem with battery drain on 150 four stroke

Serial#1B923421 model 1150F13HD Checked battery charger good.New battery is good. Recharged battery only hooked up accessories next morning battery fully charged. Then removed all accessories wiring and only hooked up motor next day almost dead. any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by In Fishermen; 02-18-2019 at 03:09 PM. Reason: additional informtion

Test the battery first. Then do a current draw test to measure the parasitic draw
    Thank You Leon Pugh

3. Member
    battery good

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by In Fishermen View Post
    Serial#1150F13HD Checked battery charger good.New battery good.Recharged battery only hooked up assessories next morning battery fully charged.Then removed all asessorie wirwing and only hooked up motor next day almost dead.any help would be appericated
    That's not your serial number, they are formatted digit, letter, 6 digits, i.e., 0B123456.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    Sorry you are right#1B923421

6. Member
    A little bit more info. The motor has not run in a week but alternator was warm.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Paul- Disconnect the 2-wire plug from the alternator, connect ONLY the engine cables and repeat your testing to see if the draw is still present.

IF the draw is still present, replace the ALTERNATOR.

Note: Before buying an alternator- see your Local Mercury Dealer about the outstanding Service Bulletin on your engine (SB 2012-009).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Common source for a drain
    Thank You Leon Pugh

9. Member
    Thank you

10. Member
    I had to replace the alternator on mine also. It was doing the exact same thing. Mine was easy to trouble shoot because it has lithium batteries that I could monitor and see everything they were doing through their app.