New tournament format for us, hoping to draw teams from all over.

My club has bout had it with my crazy ideas for tourneys but I think this one might be a good one. Two lakes, two days with a cut after the first day, those who make day 2 get paid guaranteed. I'm calling this a challenge tourney, just seems fitting with it being two different style lakes and the format lends itself to being challenging (repetitive I know). I'm currently trying to secure some sponsors to take the event up a notch, we will open registration in April and just by what I've heard it looks like we should fill it out pretty easily.

If any of you have the heart to help me and pass this info around I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,
    James

2. Member
    That’s not too crazy of an idea. Now a crazy idea is to pick one of the chain of lakes like Michigan Center to Wolf lakes or Marble to Coldwater lakes. All boats start on one end, weigh in their biggest fish after an hour (need a weigh station boat), and then everyone moves to the next lake in the chain and repeat. Biggest five fish stringer wins, with only one fish from each lake.

3. Member
    Good idea but is that the Portage chain in Dexter? Not sure where you would launch all those boats from. Would be a fun tourney though. I'll check my schedule and hope to make it!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glsbass View Post
    Good idea but is that the Portage chain in Dexter? Not sure where you would launch all those boats from. Would be a fun tourney though. I'll check my schedule and hope to make it!!
    Only 1/4 of the field makes day 2 on the chain (10 boats if we fill the full 40 boat cap)