Reusing disposable pepper grinders tutorial

So I dont have a big pepper grinder that you refill so I had been buying the small disposable ones. Yeah stupid I know but whatever. So I had accumulated several empties and wanted a way to reuse them. Here are a couple methods.

Get a cup of water boiling hot. Put the empty grinder plastic grinder side down into the hot water and allow it to set awhile. After a few minutes remove and use a towel to pull the grinder portion off the glass container. Refill and pus the plastic grinder portion back on. Just give it a good wack with your hand and it will pop back on. The sucky part is you gotta let it dry which takes a bit of time.

Other preferred method is to wrap the plastic grinder portion in a wet paper towel and put in the microwave. Nuke it for awhile until the towel is steaming. Pull the grinder off and refill.

Basically the grinder portion was just pressed on in the factory. We are just heating it up to make it pliable and pulling it off.

I like this as I can have multiple with different seasonings. Such as I dry hot peppers I grow and crush into a powder like red pepper flakes. I can put the dried herbs / peppers into the grinder and have a small grinder of whatever I want.

figured i would pass along

2. Member
    interesting info....thanks!

3. Member
    Thanks for the share