Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Left lane thoughts

I had several times this week where traffic was backed up do to someone driving below speed limit in the left lane. A little aggravating but no real biggie. I have always remember folks make this argument for slower traffic to get out of the left lane. My question what makes certain folks gravitate to the left lane? Why not the right lane?? Any thoughts from the bbc crowd? Oh and 1 other thing. Why most of the time it is a driver beyond the age of 65? Just always wondered what makes them head to the left lane and will not budge.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

2. Member
    Its now illegal in Oklahoma to impend traffic in the left lane. We reserved the left lane for people who like to drive 15MPH over the speed limit.

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

3. Member
    Drives me crazy

4. Member
    Because most folks just cannot drive. They’re clueless, preoccupied, and should just stay home.

5. Member
    I notice that a lot of the slow fast lane drivers are looking down at their cell phones

6. Member
    Because the left lane gives the illusion of safety according to an article I read while I was researching a paper in college
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

I just made a trip to Durham NC this week. On I 40 in the left lane in BOLD WHITE lettering its states: "Left Lane for Passing". Now were there left lane drives doing 73MPH & would not move over, Hell Yes. In SC left lane is for passing & what really ticks me off is the AH that will not move over when there is plenty of room/distance for them to do so or when someone cuts one off to pass to pass a vehicle in the right lane & will not speed up to pass the vehicle in the right lane. A problem also is with trip I took was over 500 miles both ways, I saw ZERO Highway Patraol Personnel on the Interstate. Just saying!

8. Member
    They are morons. And, it's illegal in most states.

9. Member
    They get over there so they can put their cruise control on, and damn everyone else.

10. Member
    Here in Pa, potholes in the right slow lane typically are worse than the passing lane. So many people move over to the fast lane to miss the potholes. I find someone doing 90 in the passing lane just as dangerous. I have a good friend who is a police officer. Slow to him is 90. Many times he does over a 100 in the passing lane. Mad man!
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

11. Member
    No Problem with left lane Dicks in NJ, we just pass the on the right in the slow lane.

12. Member
    I just run up behind them so close the only thing they can see in their mirror is the grill of my truck. I need to add a train horn.

13. Member
    The LEFT lane is the PASSING lane!!! There is now such thing as a slow and fast lane.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I just made a trip to Durham NC this week. On I 40 in the left lane in BOLD WHITE lettering its states: "Left Lane for Passing". Now were there left lane drives doing 73MPH & would not move over, Hell Yes. In SC left lane is for passing & what really ticks me off is the AH that will not move over when there is plenty of room/distance for them to do so or when someone cuts one off to pass to pass a vehicle in the right lane & will not speed up to pass the vehicle in the right lane. A problem also is with trip I took was over 500 miles both ways, I saw ZERO Highway Patraol Personnel on the Interstate. Just saying!
    I like it when I don't see highway troopers lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

15. Member
    Seems to have some correlation with estrogen also.

16. Member
    I like to run in the left lane usually cause I’m running faster than everyone else. I have driven in the left lane when pulling my camper due to heavy winds that came up. If a gust made me drift it would cause me to go to the shoulder vs going into another traffic lane. Only time I intentionally ran slower while in the left or passing lane.

17. Member
    For whatever reason, 99% of the time it’s a woman or a liberal.
    2001 Ranger R71
    Merc 125
    MinnKota 74# Maxxum
    Humminbird 999
    Humminbird 859

Because the world is full of inconsiderate tomatoe headed I don’t care about anyone but me *******s!! Need to be put in the ditch. I would be a cop for 10% of the tickets I’d write. As said above, it’s now illegal to drive in the left lane, but they still do it. Larry
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

19. Member
    We are packed full, even on weekends, gridlocked.
    Normally, semi trucks fill up the right two lanes by law.
    Your grandpa and aunt are doing 60-65 in the center lanes.
    Natives and speed enthusiasts fight over the left lane.
    But generally, it’s not going 70 anyway.

20. Member
    I got into a debate with a friend once while we he was driving us to a Cabelas. We were going down the freeway in the left lane and a few cars were accumulating behind us. I said “hey man, you should let these guys by”. He says “they can go around me”. I respond “but we’re in the left lane”. He says “I know, the left lane is for people that are not exiting any time soon”. I say “if traffic allows you should only use the left lane to pass, it’s kind of a courtesy and an unwritten rule thing”. After several minutes he moves to the right lane and all those cars blow by us. People slowing traffic in the left lane drive me nuts but I guess some just don’t know what they are doing.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast