Thread: Delta faucet

Delta faucet

In need of a new kitchen faucet and she is looking at Delta, just wondering if they make a cheaper version for the box stores like Lowes ?

2. Member
    Yes they do...please do yourself a big favor and purchase a professional grade faucet from a local plumbing supply house. Do not be mislead by the retail prices on line at Delta...like any other retail price for any product these days...nobody sells them for "retail"... I own and operate a successful high end remodeling business and my "go to" is Delta...the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Just to give you a better perspective on Home Dump and Lowsies...my plumber does not charge me for malfunction issue service calls on professional grade products and does charge for big store bought products....big box products have to be returned to the store with receipt for replacement (that is if the product is still available)..professional grade Delta offers replacement parts...The inner working parts of a big box store bought plumbing fixture are cheapened but look the same on the outside....no different than a John Deere lawn tractor...still green and yellow, but not the same as one you buy from a John Deere dealer...I hope that this helps...my policy for my business is to refuse to install plumbing products from big box stores at this point in my career...it simplifies things...

3. Member
    So your saying if I go to my local plumping store and ask them to get me a delta faucet that they will get me a better built one. I've never seen or heard of a professional grade, but I will ask.

4. Member
    This is exactly what I am saying...Winnelson, Ferguson, City Plumbing and Electrical are my local examples...

The manufactures will sell a line of products that can be bought in big box stores but not in supply stores. SOME of the products are cheapened down because the are supplying thousands to every HD, Lowes etc.
    You will pay more for a faucet at a supply house if you don't not have a contractor discount. Is it a better faucet at the supply place? If it is in the same product line then no. It will be the same faucet at both places.
    Most parts are easily replaceable (big box stores have replacement parts in the plumbing isle) if the faucet fails but if the faucet is cheap it's easier throwing it away and buying another one.
    If you buy Moen then will send you parts for free no matter where you buy the faucet. I have never had Moen customer service ask me where the faucet was bought from.

If you are installing yourself buy one which is in your budget. Faucets now a days are extremely simple to install.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

6. Member
    Save the box and keep the paperwork in the box. Nice to have part numbers several years later.