Looking to add some tunes to 919

Just wanting some input/experience from yall on putting a stereo in my 919. I have lowrance graphs so the sonic hub system is an option. Also could install regular unit like would come from factory. Any thoughts? Good/bad experience with Sonic HUb?

2. Member
    With how cheap and good bluetooth speakers have become, I wont go through the effort of installing a stereo in my boat anymore. I had the Sonichub and liked it, but my phone paired with a $100 speaker is honestly better sounding, more convenient and far less expensive.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    With how cheap and good bluetooth speakers have become, I wont go through the effort of installing a stereo in my boat anymore. I had the Sonichub and liked it, but my phone paired with a $100 speaker is honestly better sounding, more convenient and far less expensive.
    +1!!!!!! Just too easy.
    2014 920/SHO

4. Member
    10/4 good thought

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'd go the BT speaker route or putting an independent system thats not connected to the depth finders....something like below......there are different brands and such...

https://www.kicker.com/source_units
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    I had SirrusXM installed in mine and love it
    Risen From The Ashes!!

7. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinB View Post
    Agreed. Check out the Ultimate Ears Megaboom speakers. Waterproof, portable and absolutely great sound. Also won't break the bank.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

8. Member
    I have looked at portable Bluetooth speaker but I'm a big fan of the Sonichub. Some of the pros for the sonichub are;

• able to control it from any graph as long as networked together (usually have my phone stored by the helm and don't have to reach for it to control volume)
    • don't need to recharge the unit or worry about it dying
    • upgradable... speakers, amps
    • one less thing to store
    • not worried about dropping or getting knocked into the water

Some of the Bluetooth speaker work well but to get the same sound I would be spending just as much or more on the portable speaker as I would be on the sonichub.

9. Member
    My Bluetooth speaker is waterproof and when it blows or wears out, I can replace it for cheap. Don’t have to worry about charging as I’ve got it plugged in right by my drivers seat as well as my phone.
    2014 920/SHO

Im using an Ultimate Ears Wonderboom and it does awesome. Its the size of my fist and the battery lasts several hours. It is easy and cheap with no modification to the boat.