Bass Pro new reels

Well I found out this week that all of BPS’s new spinning reels are now being made by Daiwa. I looked at both the 11 bearing Patinum and the 10 bearing Johnny Morris Signature reels. Both were extremely smooth and light. I went back today because of their spring fishing sale and was going to buy a 3000 size signature reel but that model was already sold out. So spent $20 more and bought the Platinum. If you haven’t looked at these new reels you owe it to yourself to check them out.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    They are nice looking reels. I stick with pflueger president. Good reel for a modest price.

3. Banned
    In the Tin boat forum???

4. Member
    As a lifelong Shimano guy, Couple years ago I made the switch from Shimano to Daiwa.

Sounds silly, but a big factor for me was that Shimano was starting to Omit the backreel flip switch on their spinning reels. Id rather backreel a heavy fish than rely soley on the drag, just something I've always done and am pretty good at it.

No regrets going to Daiwa.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    As a lifelong Shimano guy, Couple years ago I made the switch from Shimano to Daiwa.

Sounds silly, but a big factor for me was that Shimano was starting to Omit the backreel flip switch on their spinning reels. Id rather backreel a heavy fish than rely soley on the drag, just something I've always done and am pretty good at it.

Funny story. So I'm fishing with my dad last spring in Sturgeon Bay. He just bought a new Shimano spinning reel and had an absolute fit that it didn't have the backreel switch. Swearing up and down while he's catching 3-5lb smallies because he can't backreel them. As soon as he got home, he wrote a letter to Shimano about his disappointment and they sent him a replacement that had the backreels switch.

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    In the Tin boat forum???
    Yeah Champ in the Tin Boat Forum. I’m not advocating for or against the reels. I bought one to just see how good it might be since it is made by Daiwa. I normally fish either Shimano or Lew’s depending on what kind of lures I use. I thought that it may be of interest to some here in the forum that Daiwa is now making their spinning reels. So Champ I posted this information in “OUR” forum!

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker

Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Funny story. So I'm fishing with my dad last spring in Sturgeon Bay. He just bought a new Shimano spinning reel and had an absolute fit that it didn't have the backreel switch. Swearing up and down while he's catching 3-5lb smallies because he can't backreel them. As soon as he got home, he wrote a letter to Shimano about his disappointment and they sent him a replacement that had the backreels switch.
    When I upgraded a couple of my Shimano reels a couple years ago I had issues with them because I could no longer back reel, but I backed off by drag a little and then if needed I would strip line against the drag to give the fish more line. It was a little hard to get used to, but now it’s almost second nature.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    Yeah Champ in the Tin Boat Forum. I’m not advocating for or against the reels. I bought one to just see how good it might be since it is made by Daiwa. I normally fish either Shimano or Lew’s depending on what kind of lures I use. I thought that it may be of interest to some here in the forum that Daiwa is now making their spinning reels. So Champ I posted this information in “OUR” forum!

Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post

My last 4 spinning reels were Shimano Saharas. But, I also backreel. So, when I needed a new one last fall, I bought a Pflueger.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

you sound just like someone who is no longer in this forum.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker

11. Banned
    Not OT???.............

just find it odd to post a reel topic in 2 boat forums??? Especially when you didn't even try to post it in the Rod & Reel" forum.??? i was just trying to steer you in the right direction bud!
    Last edited by PolarKraft195; 02-18-2019 at 08:36 AM.

12. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    X2, OC is the new OT....

Just kidding Champ, who loves ya Baby!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    X2, OC is the new OT....

Just kidding Champ, who loves ya Baby!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    They are nice looking reels. I stick with pflueger president. Good reel for a modest price.
    Pretty sure all of them are made in the same Korean factory iirc.

Not OT???.............

just find it odd to post a reel topic in 2 boat forums??? Especially when you didn't even try to post it in the Rod & Reel" forum.??? i was just trying to steer you in the right direction bud!
    First off I'm not your bud! 2nd not everyone goes to look at the rod and reel forum. So if you don't want to read something that you your not interested in here then don't read it. Your the only person that has shown any angst with the subject. There is more to this forum than just the boats we own.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker

16. Banned
    First off I'm not your bud! 2nd not everyone goes to look at the rod and reel forum. So if you don't want to read something that you your not interested in here then don't read it. Your the only person that has shown any angst with the subject. There is more to this forum than just the boats we own.
    Actually, the moderator should have done his job, and moved this post where it belongs.

And where did I show "angst"??? You're the one showing it!

17. Banned
    THANK FREAKING GOD SPRING IS ALMOST HERE!

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Well on a good note my wife started asking what gear ratio means yesterday and IF I was to get a couple new “special edition” PQ2s what I’d want...love that woman! So I gave her my log in info for BPS and have 2 new reels coming. I found the secret! I told her that at $49 each they’re great but I won’t buy them for $99, I’d step up to the next price tier and get the Tatulas. So basically we are losing a couple hundred bucks by not buying them!

Not sure if that worked but I’m still getting an a Tatula SV for my flipping rod...shhhhh!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Well on a good note my wife started asking what gear ratio means yesterday and IF I was to get a couple new “special edition” PQ2s what I’d want...love that woman! So I gave her my log in info for BPS and have 2 new reels coming. I found the secret! I told her that at $49 each they’re great but I won’t buy them for $99, I’d step up to the next price tier and get the Tatulas. So basically we are losing a couple hundred bucks by not buying them!

Not sure if that worked but I’m still getting an a Tatula SV for my flipping rod...shhhhh!
    As long as you didn't give her your login info for here, you're safe!