Power switch for Livescope sonar box.

I am considering getting a Livescope system. Looking at the Garmin installation instructions, it shows a switch in series with the power cable to the battery in one diagram and a direct connection to the battery in a cable extension diagram. Is a power switch needed or is the power applied to the Livescope box by turning on the chartplotter? I don't think it is a good idea to keep the Livescope box constantly powered.
    2000 Viper Coral 202
    2013 Pro XS 200

2. Member
    My understanding is it goes into standby mode when the mfd is off. Draw is only a 1/4 amp or something in standby.

3. Member
    I installed a switch just for making charts.
    if u running main with trolling motor up .. quickdraw wants to use highest quality transducer. so it errors as it trys to use panoptix/scope but gets no reading. if you power it off . it will use other transducer and u can make charts at 5mph
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

Quote Originally Posted by TableRock Coral View Post
    I am considering getting a Livescope system. Looking at the Garmin installation instructions, it shows a switch in series with the power cable to the battery in one diagram and a direct connection to the battery in a cable extension diagram. Is a power switch needed or is the power applied to the Livescope box by turning on the chartplotter? I don't think it is a good idea to keep the Livescope box constantly powered.
    Yes, when connected to power (and MFDs off) the LiveScope does remain in a low power state (<20 mA draw). So yes, you really want to have the LiveScope wired with a switched power source.
    Garmin Pro Team