Phenix recon 715

Anyone use this for swim jigs in cover such as trees, lay downs and bushes? Trying to find the right tip for medium wire swimjig in 3/8 and 1/2oz about 2-6' of water. Planning on 15lb fluoro.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

That's the one I'd get in the Recon line up if it were me, keeping in mind that Phenix "heavy" is closer to "medium heavy" with other manufacturers. Especially given that your swim jig on the lighter end is within the advertised range for the rod (and remember that the skirt and trailer add additional weight), I think you've got the right one picked out.

The Feather 71H might be another to handle to see what you think if you have access to a brick-and-mortar place that stocks them - saves a few bucks, and I think the tips on the Feathers are really nice for that sort of application. I throw a lot of smaller swimbaits like the Megabass Dark Sleeper and skip docks with 1/4 and 3/8 jigs (which often includes swimming the jig out) with the 71MH if that helps to give you an idea of what the tips on them are like.

On a related note, I think it's really funny how extra-fast can mean two totally different things depending on rod manufacturers, and I suppose it goes along with people saying a rod has a "fast tip" or a "tip with some give." That last description accurately describes the extra-fast action on the Feathers.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

3. Member
    Don't know about the Recon 715, but do have a 714 Recon2 (there are differences between the 2 and the new Elite). I do have the M1 7'2" Heavy Extra Fast and it would work great for your application. I prefer the M1 to the Recon, but that's me. Phenix rods run 1/2 to 3/4 power lighter than say a St Croix. The M1 7'2" HEF may be the most versatile rod I have ever used. I am sure the Recon 715 will work great also.
    M1 http://www.tackletour.com/reviewphenixm1heavy.html
    Recon 715H (gen1 but will be really close) http://www.tackletour.com/reviewphenixrecon715h.html