Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I agree 100%. I got a braillist on a warranty claim and i didn't care for it over my gen 1 rods. I felt the trigger poked my hand, it was tip heavy compared to my gen 1 emtf and dsr and the blank was not as crisp. But i fished a buddys fmj and valdivia dystroyers and didnt notice it in them but i didnt fish them very long

2. Banned
    You guys are right, it’s definitely a short one. Reminds me of a turkey spur, sure glad I have skinny fingers. Someone mentioned it poked their pinky finger, I seem to hold the rod differently, not by my pinky.

Markster, does the new Levante have the longer or shorter trigger? The old ones are longer than my XX, both fit my hand great though!

3. Member
    it took me a while to get used to. I had obtained a arsenal of megabass rods in the destroyer 17 and new xx rods and loved the blanks and actions guides were straight and great, but the real seat... I tried really hard but it just plain hurt to fish them literally. I however do have huge hands so they might serve the smaller hands better. had to sell them all which i was torn for a bit lol took a while to build up that set of rods and sv 103 reels i had with them, but somebody else got a great deal and hopefully will get plenty of enjoyment out of them. This is not a bash on the megabass brand at all like i said loved the rods and wanted them to work but the seat just didnt work for me. Not only megabass another great rod was the loomis glx new models and it was the same had some mbr rods and loved them as well but they had to go. Sadly i have found that my hands anyway really like the ecs style seats, or one like the expride uses with a tad longer trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You guys are right, it’s definitely a short one. Reminds me of a turkey spur, sure glad I have skinny fingers. Someone mentioned it poked their pinky finger, I seem to hold the rod differently, not by my pinky.

Markster, does the new Levante have the longer or shorter trigger? The old ones are longer than my XX, both fit my hand great though!

The new Levantes share same seat as XX.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The new Levantes share same seat as XX.

I took an instant liking to Gen. 1 that I got for Jesus' Naming Day. I also got that Tatula that had the some purple.. But it seems that first model, Tat, the gunmetal blue, that thing is bulletproof and it just might be fully waterproof?? (I got hooked up w/a 6+ MudSkipper (Bowfin) and didn't have the tools out, douche move on My part, but My puppy got so excited She kicked it in the lake, luckily the rod tip was poking out...) I held it up to dry on the way home and absolutely ZERO issues.

Didn't they only come in a 6-speed?....

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I took an instant liking to Gen. 1 that I got for Jesus' Naming Day. I also got that Tatula that had the some purple.. But it seems that first model, Tat, the gunmetal blue, that thing is bulletproof and it just might be fully waterproof?? (I got hooked up w/a 6+ MudSkipper (Bowfin) and didn't have the tools out, douche move on My part, but My puppy got so excited She kicked it in the lake, luckily the rod tip was poking out...) I held it up to dry on the way home and absolutely ZERO issues.

Didn't they only come in a 6-speed?....

7. Banned
    The first Tatula reel speeds?

TWS 6.3 is that all that was made?

8. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    The first Tatula reel speeds?

TWS 6.3 is that all that was made?
    There were 7.3's as well. I'm still using 3 of them and have 1 NIB.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

9. Member
    Can't stand the reel seat on the new MB rods either, small hands and it digs bad. Shame too as i'd love a pitch perfect for frogging but could never do it with that reel seat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12