Relion Lithium Cranking Battery - not sure how to hook it up

Just got this battery, and the way to hook up the wires / cables is not standard. The + and - are bolts that come out. They are way too short for me to get all of my cables connected. Any ideas of how to set this up? The bolts are metric, but the thread is not standard, so no one around here has longer ones available. Thanks.

Bus bar, connect it to the battery with the bolt you have and then attach the other cables to the mounting points on the bar. https://newwiremarine.com/product/ne...-bar-10-screw/
    Last edited by 11pounder; 02-16-2019 at 03:20 PM.

3. Member
    No need for a busbar. Go to lowes or home depot and buy longer bolts. stack terminals largest to smallest, ensuring engine cables go on first.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

4. Member
    The thread rating is different than any std size - tried Home Depot and True Value - they both said that these are custom. I can't even find the size via internet. Maybe .75 thread?

5. Member
    They are 8 MM sizes. Nothing custom. Just get longer ones.

6. Member
    John is correct. Take the bolt to lowes and screw it in to their thread match samples. Its a M8 thread pitch.
    Dave Sheffield
    Proudly Representing:
    Bass Cat Boats
    Mercury Outboards
    MotorGuide Trolling Motors
    Ardent Outdoors
    Power Pole

I had the same issue...called Relion and they fedexed some longer bolts...they have them. No lowes/home depot or ace hardware had the thread pattern around here.

8. Member
    They are M8’s. Bought my longer bolts from Home Depot. I used the th marine hydra terminal multiplier. The 3 way ones. Works great and keeps things a little more organized and neat.

9. Member
    Sounds like they made a change and they are not standard (at least mine and Dean's above)- waiting for them to respond and send longer bolts.

10. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    Bus bar, connect it to the battery with the bolt you have and then attach the other cables to the mounting points on the bar. https://newwiremarine.com/product/ne...-bar-10-screw/
    That's a negative bus bar.....and likely fine for just the negative boat wiring, but above is not acceptable directions for the positive without including appropriately rated over-current protection between the battery and the bus.

11. Member
    Update - Relion did send me the wrong battery and they are shipping the correct one this weekend. At least I found out I am not crazy LOL. Thanks guys

12. Member
    How many ring terminals are you trying to stack up? More than 2 or 3 is not a good way to do it. Look at some of the connecting blocks you mount and have one wire that hooks to the battery and goes to the block.
    https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...72770805&psc=1