Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Added Winch Step to 190TX

For those who have wanted to add a winch step to their Tracker trailer. I got tired of tiptoeing over and around my trolling motor and electronics.

This is a Nitro winch step I got from Bass Pro Shop for $225. I had to drill two hols in the winch platform but other then that easy peasy. Mine didn't come with the pad that goes on the tongue, called Bass Pro and they are researching if it was supposed to or not.

Attached Images Attached Images

I like that winch witch one is that and what model.

3. Member
    I have the same one. Had it added when I purchased my PT 190. IMO it's much better than the one offered for the 195. Makes it very easy and safe to get into and out of the boat.

I also added some non-skid stair tape to the top of the trailer tongue for extra grip when using it to step up or down.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzBait53 View Post
    I like that winch witch one is that and what model.
    Fulton F2 Trailer Winch 2,000 Lbs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    I have the same one. Had it added when I purchased my PT 190. IMO it's much better than the one offered for the 195. Makes it very easy and safe to get into and out of the boat.

I also added some non-skid stair tape to the top of the trailer tongue for extra grip when using it to step up or down.
    Does yours have the step on the trailer tongue?

6. Banned
    That is the nicest step i have seen. At 225 powder coated and all you did good.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    Does yours have the step on the trailer tongue?
    No. I have the very same Nitro step that Mastergun has in his photos. I just added the stair tread tape to the tongue to give me a non-slip surface on the tongue to aid in stepping up and down to the nitro step.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

8. Member
    I added this Tracker/Nitro step to my 2017 PT190 just after purchasing the boat. My winch platform was already drilled so all I had to do was bolt the step to the trailer. I like it a lot. For the tongue I added a nice aluminum step I found in stock at Northern Tool. I thought I paid about $20 for the aluminum step at the time but it has gone up in price now at $34.99. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...4243_200464243
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

9. Member

10. Member
    thanks for the tip, I just bought a couple of the $25 steps on amazon. Gonna put one on the tongue and one on the winch for an easy two step up and down. I ruptured my Achilles last year and I'm enjoying fishing alone but I'm really careful with this injury not to do it again. I've figured out how to launch alone fast using the rope method (which is awesome by the way) but I needed to be able to get out of the boat once it's on the trailer easily. I about busted my foot/back on Sunday trying to get out without a step. for $50 this should do the trick!

11. Member
    I added the newer style tracker winch step to my grizzly 1648’s factory trailer. I was worried my terrova would not clear it because the motor hangs over the bow so much , but it clears. 167 is what I paid from Bps. Well worth the money the hand rail is worth the price of admission .

12. Member
    I'm gonna see about doing some redneck engineering to make a hand rail as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I added the newer style tracker winch step to my grizzly 1648’s factory trailer. I was worried my terrova would not clear it because the motor hangs over the bow so much , but it clears. 167 is what I paid from Bps. Well worth the money the hand rail is worth the price of admission .

13. Member
    Let's see some of the redneck jobs to give me some ideas

This is mine. This is a clothes hanger rod from a closet organizer. Each end has a 3/8-16 thread and there was a wall mounting bracket that I used to attach to the trailer tongue. I put a SS ball with a 3/8 tapped hole on top. Apparently the chrome is not very thick as it is beginning to show rust. I will eventually sand it and paint it black.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

15. Member
    Wallace would you happen to have the part number for the step that you put on.
    I just bought a 2019 190 TX and they can't find one for my trailer
    Thanks for any help

16. Member
    Let me check

17. Member
    For those who have wanted to add a winch step to their Tracker trailer. I got tired of tiptoeing over and around my trolling motor and electronics.

This is a Nitro winch step I got from Bass Pro Shop for $225. I had to drill two hols in the winch platform but other then that easy peasy. Mine didn't come with the pad that goes on the tongue, called Bass Pro and they are researching if it was supposed to or not.

Hi Mastergun, Do you have the part number for the step you got? And what boat do you have it on? I looked at the Bass Pro near me and made some measurements and it seems there would be about 1 inch or so of clearance for the handrail from the bow of the boat with my 2011 PT175 TF. Do you have more clearance than that?
    I asked the Tracker service department near me and they came up with a part number but would not guarantee fit and no returns, so thanks for any info

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro636 View Post
    Hi Mastergun, Do you have the part number for the step you got? And what boat do you have it on? I looked at the Bass Pro near me and made some measurements and it seems there would be about 1 inch or so of clearance for the handrail from the bow of the boat with my 2011 PT175 TF. Do you have more clearance than that?
    I asked the Tracker service department near me and they came up with a part number but would not guarantee fit and no returns, so thanks for any info
    I don't remember the part #, but this was actually the part for a Nitro boat trailer. I have plenty of clearance between the hull and pole, I would guess about 6 inches or so, the image only looks like less because of the cover.

19. Member
    I don't remember the part #, but this was actually the part for a Nitro boat trailer. I have plenty of clearance between the hull and pole, I would guess about 6 inches or so, the image only looks like less because of the cover.

Thanks Mastergun, I saw and kind of measured the step you seem to have. It seemed like it would work.
    They had three different steps on the new trailers. I'll try to post those.
    I'll have to go by the Tracker boat center and try and get part numbers.
    And I did see the post title saying you had a PT190.

20. Banned
    Subscribed. I also would like to know the part number. I think I could make that work on my Nitro trailer even though my winch stand not quite as tall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast