Does Ultrex have any safety shut off features against obstructions?

Say during operation of I-pilot or spot lock and motor runs aground or strikes an object or gets a good ol trotline wound up around prop etc... will motor keep turning and increasing in power? Throw a breaker? Not been in the water yet and don't wanna learn the hard way, if possible.

I also read not to use DC or alternator chargers. So I should eliminate the wiring going from outboard to troll batteries correct?
    Last edited by jlbgonefishin; 02-18-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Good question ! I do know that iin SpotLock, if the motor directions is impeded it will kick off but don't know if it will when the prop is impeded. Also, I run a Troll Bridge on the run Trolling Motor charger and have not seen any issues. Not sure how the charger would affect the TM since it only charges on the run and the TM is not running at that time.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    I have noticed a voltage spike on fish finders when the big motor is started, no dedicated battery yet, so I try and turn off electronics before I crank engine. Don't know if such a "spike" would affect troll motor.

The times I have gotten mine into thick vegetation it would just stop turning like all the rest I've owned.

5. Member
    And never tripped breaker or fuse... hmm