Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HELP! Minn Kota Ultrex beeping

Trolling motor was running fine. Made a run to a different spot and when we got there we noticed the head on the ultrex was beeping. Can’t get the beeping to stop. Seems to have lost its GPS or something. Won’t pair with the puck either. Motor will power on and work except for the GPS functions(heading, spotlock). The beeping will not stop while the unit is powered on. Please help!

2. Member
    Your puck have power ?

My guess is the wires didn’t have enough slack in their routing and one is damaged

4. Member
    Puck had power and all wires have plenty of slack. Weird thing is, we stopped fishing to eat lunch and when we got back in the boat everything worked fine. For whatever reason it seemed like it lost its GPS signal or something. Wouldn’t connect to puck and the remote would say “motor not found”. Worst part was the non-stop beeping it was doing. Not sure what happened, but everything worked perfect when we went back out.

Any where near the Bermuda triangle ?
    My equipment will do some crazy stuff when fishing Texas and Mexico border lakes.

6. Banned
    Were You 'backing up'?

7. Member
    90% of problems are caused by poor installation (wiring) or mismatched batteries “ (voltage)....

8. Member
    Wasn’t in the burmuda triangle or backing up.

9. Member
    Maybe lost its pairing between antenna and tm?

10. Member
    Check the on/off switch. They are known to cause havoc.

11. Member
    This exact same thing happen to mine and now the Spot-Lock quite working. This is the second major issue I have had with this trolling motor. I regret leaving the old reliable Fortrex.

12. Member
    Mine just did this also. The beeping was driving me nuts! Anyone what the problem is?

13. Member
    GPS functions come from the top of the head (Controller) Also, if the remote doesn't "see" the trolling motor and the heading sensor doesn't find the controller, most likely a controller issue. Need to go to an ASC to be fixed.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

14. Member
    Thank you! Is there a way to stop the beeping until the controller is replaced?

15. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Mine started this on the water today whats the fix beeping is driving me nuts

16. Member
    Mine did the same thing beeping losing remote connection turned out it was the gps board.

Hope you get it fixed , I love mine but dang these things seem to have a lot of issues . I like they way the new Lowrance TM operates without the head turning and can run as 24 or 36V .

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    On its way to Russel Marine Products, diagnosed as a bad GPS board, I can assure you I will have the Power Pole trolling motor as soon as its released. First issue with the ultrex however this having to go to a ASC for everything is for the birds.

19. Member
    Same thing happened to me . Sent it in for repair . It was a bad circuit board .

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    On its way to Russel Marine Products, diagnosed as a bad GPS board, I can assure you I will have the Power Pole trolling motor as soon as its released. First issue with the ultrex however this having to go to a ASC for everything is for the birds.
    PP making a trolling motor ? My next TM will be a Lowerance from what I've seen , if I outlive this ultrex .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast