Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Ok....have you reformat cards with your PC and try again???
    I did reformat them. They are old cards. I'm going to go buy a new one card. At this point I don't know what else to do.

2. Member
    You have to have a garmin folder on the sd card and you get that from the sonar unit, if you put in a fat32 formatted sd card into you garmin unit with unit turned on it should pop up asking what to do and it will ask you if you wana make a garmin folder and hit yes.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

3. Member
    I've not seen that. I can't count how many software updates I have done on various units. Here is the process I have used.
    1. Download the update to the pc.
    2. Click on and run that file.
    It unpacks and transfers the update to the SD card and automatically makes whatever directories are needed.

3. Turn on the unit
    4. Insert the card
    5. Select Update Software.

I use 8 and 16 gb cards. So far, never needed a bigger one.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    I tried on a different computer this morning. I'm using an adapter sd card that allows you to put a micro sd card in it. When the Garmin updater thing ask you to select drive to unpack the software to it will not recognize the drive when I have the adapter in it but it will recognize it when I put the a full size sd card in it. Of course I can't use the full size one though.

5. Member
    I think you have narrowed down the problem. I've bought all kinds of sd cards. All were micro sd with adapters. I have found some adapters that are troublesome and I've had some cards that gave me problems. Never been able to overcome the problems once they surfaced except to trash them and use new ones. 32gb is the max size. Some people use larger ones and format them to FAT32. Good for them. With the problems I've had with sd cards I'll stick with 8, 16. and 32. Class 10. Sandisk is a good brand.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    Just bought a echo map plus 93sv with live scope. Do not have it installed yet. Been playing with it in the house. Unit software is 7.30. I cannot find out if this is the current software I need. Does anyone know if 7.30 is current or tell me how to find what current software is needed.

7. Member
    Does anyone know if 7.30 is current or tell me how to find what current software is needed.

Click Echomap

Click"See all devices in this bundle".

https://www8.garmin.com/support/software/marine.html

8. Member
    The standard way is to go to Garmin's website and look up your unit. Then click on Software.
    There you'll see that the latest version is 7.5 and click on Download
    Then you have to again choose echomap series with card
    Then click download again.

While it is downloading you can read the Change History. On the same screen where you last click Download there is and option to "See all devices in this Bundle"
    Click that and then click your specific unit to get the Change History

Once you get active captain up and running on your phone you can use that to update your unit software.

9. Member
    V 7.50

10. Member
    Got a new card and the system updated when I put the card and opened active captain on my phone. Still unable to to get my notifications to link but I'll work on that later.

11. Member
    Notifications are done with bluetooth. You have to make sure it's turned on in the unit and phone and then pair them.

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Once you have everything synched up (phone & unit) have someone send you a text and see if it pops up.....i only had to setup unit up once....after that it should connect every time you activate AC......if you dont know, you must turn on the AC app on phone and unit before any of it will connect......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

13. Member
    Download to PC desktop. you have to unzip the files, find them on desktop and double click. The files will unzip. Then put them on either your phone or the SD card. Turn on garmin unit, put in card, rest is easy..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12