Helix 5/7 one SD slot - ACL+Record sonar logs simultaneously?

Hi guys, like in thread - is it possible?
    Winter, lakes still frozen , can't check it at this point. Anybody can help?

2. Member
    I've wondered about this myself. Can you record ACLive to the head and sonar logs to a card at the same time? They're two different programs so it seems possible if the processors are fast enough. In a two slot unit can you do it with a map chip in as well? Seems to me that would be the best of both worlds

3. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I doubt it can run, never tried - but I know the ACL takes some horsepower by itself.

Why would you want both?

I don't think the CPUs are capable - let us know if you try it...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

4. Member
    Sonar logs are worth any money. It's true data. If You got it, You can correct it/fix- especially on shallow water, generate maps in different software- LMAC, Reefmaster even old DrD. I know, fully-worked maps is from ZL card, but I can export as mbtiles to 10' tablet, smartphone to ice fishing...LiveAC is good option as quick recognize-feature, but best maps are from those upper software, with corrected data.
    Structure map is another reason. In Helix units it's impossible to do on water(in my known)
    Sonar logs are best.

5. Member
    Main reasons to do both at the same time:

1. While looking at Live you can see bad data as it happens and go back over to correct it. If you wait until you are an a computer before correcting you don't really correct, you extrapolate from a wider area and interpolate what *should* be there. That's a lot like the maps we have on our commercial map chips.
    2. Live allows you to review maps immediately and look for notable features you may have missed while fishing. These features can be mapped in greater detail on a return trip the same or next day, whereas if you wait until you get home and make a map you might not return to that spot for a week, a month or a year.
    3. If I travel very far to fish I won't be making a map while I'm there. This makes sonar logs useful for my next trip but useless for the trip I'm on. Live fills that gap and I've always used Live exclusively for that reason.

Being able to use both programs simultaneously seems like a good deal to me. A solution if you have multiple units is to record logs on one and run Live on the other. If you have only one unit....well, I guess that's why the OP asked the question.