Daiwa sv 105 drag issue

I have an daiwa sv 105 and for some reason when I leave the drag set the next time I use it the drag will not work as only maybe 1lb drag max. Happened last year and loosened it all the way, let it set a week and then seemed to work properly but happened again yesterday when I went to use it.
    What do I need to check, do, replace? Thank you
    I have 6 of these reels and only 1 ever any issue
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Member
    I back the drag off overnight and within 24 hours it was working... What to be causing this so I can actually fix it? Thank you
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

3. Banned
    Back the drags off after using the reels. This will help keep the drag washers and springs from compressing.

4. Member
    I don't know, but that isn't right. I always try to remember to back my drags off before putting my rods away after a trip. Sometimes I forget one or two. Never had that happen. The above gentleman (LgMouthGambler) works on reels. Never used him....yet....but he seems to know his stuff. One I have used and can highly recommend is Ian Shields. If there is a problem with the reel, he will find it.

My SV105 was my first SV reel. Had trouble with it backlashing even tho it was set up properly. A trip to Ian corrected that. Naturally I had a little extra work done to it while he had it.

drag stack might be contaminated - pull them out and strip/clean them off real good, or send in for basic cleaning and service job - $25 at most places. Honestly if the stock drag I'd go ahead and just upgrade to Carbontex anyway... best $7 you can spend on a reel.