Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Humminbird and "livescope"

Wonder how long till humminbird releases their own version. It seems like the companies just end up following each other with technology year after year. I guess humminbird is up to bat with some type of live scan and likely new units in the future? Anyone have any insight?

2. Member
    Nope.

3. Member
    Going to be interesting. I can't see them not having something already in the work's. Only bad thing is us gen 2 guys probably won't be able to use our units.

4. Member
    Unless they make it an accessory like a 360, I'd be surprised they would attempt it. They would have to come up with something that doesn't infringe on whatever patents are existing. The only insight I would have is I'm sure they are watching their competitors...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

5. Member
    Not sure I understand the fascination with Livescope-type equipment. Secret to catching fish is finding them and then knowing what to throw and how to throw it. Livescope isn't going to help with any of this.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Not sure I understand the fascination with Livescope-type equipment. Secret to catching fish is finding them and then knowing what to throw and how to throw it. Livescope isn't going to help with any of this.
    Other than watching fish swim up to bait, doesn't help me for my species of fish

7. Member
    I’m not overly impressed with livescope like some. I much prefer what 360 offers. But I gotta say what makes anyone think humminbird can even produce something like livescope. They can’t get a simple software update right and took them years to figure out a workable 2d software.
    Nitro z21

8. Member
    For those of you that don't know, from what I understand, following the lawsuit against Garmin for patent infringement on SI, Garmin must license the Livescope to HB just like they are for Lowrance. Since HB has the 360 system, they may have difficulty merging a Livescope type system into their product offering. It was an easy choice for Lowrance to just forget their SpotLight offering which never really caught on. HB has put too much money in the 360 to just drop it, in my opinion. Remember that the 360 system must turn at a constant speed in order to build a picture. Livescope must remain fixed on target or the images smear on the screen like Side Imaging does if mounted on the trolling motor and you turn it too fast. They work quite differently to obtain their view of the underwater world around the boat. It will be interesting to see what HB does, if anything.

When was the last time HB put any new money into 360? What advances have they made since it’s release..... what 6 years ago? More?

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

Had 360 and absolute joke compared to Livescope.

Run two brands if not sponsored like I do.

11. Banned
    Some of you folks don't understand what the 360 does. I was fishing creek channel edges last week in 10-13 feet of water and the 360 was much better than the LS for me. I could spotlock on a bend and make casts to every target on the 360 screen.

LS is a lot of fun but it would be the first thing to go in my boat if I had to make a choice. It's not a choice I have to make right now though :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Some of you folks don't understand what the 360 does. I was fishing creek channel edges last week in 10-13 feet of water and the 360 was much better than the LS for me. I could spotlock on a bend and make casts to every target on the 360 screen.

LS is a lot of fun but it would be the first thing to go in my boat if I had to make a choice. It's not a choice I have to make right now though :-)
    I agree. I like knowing where every target is with one look at the screen vs spinning my tm around. The Panaoptix would go first. I’m actually considering getting rid of it and going with a dedicated unit for sonar and gps.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post

Exactly. I fish creek and river channels and I can see exactly where every stump or rock I want to hit is. Several times while sitting on the edge I've seen baitfish get pushed on the flat on top and thrown over and caught fish.
    If I'm fishing flats I can see stumps and shellbeds that hold the fish and when the grass comes up I can see the edge of the grassline and fish down it.

14. Member
    The 360 rocks for catching shad for catfish.

I put a portable transducer pole in and I can use the 360, or take a side view and litterally pan it slowly and find them too.
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

Last four posters after me....do you have any pictures to show that? Ty

16. Member
    Guys, I am no electronic expert, but Livescope is incredible. I am not sponsored and it is the one Garmin unit on my boat. I hope they all figure out something similiar so we can get better pricing. The livescope and ultrex have made me a decent deep water fisherman...

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Last four posters after me....do you have any pictures to show that? Ty
    There is a sticky topic about the 360 that was started 7 years ago, lots of examples:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=173633
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

All they have to do is pay Garmin like lowrance is doing. The major difference is livescope is live and 360 is history. It’s also takes interpretation like si.

19. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Isn't the L version still vaporware at this point?

Curious ~

I honestly haven't followed that closely as of late - and I am very happy my lovely bride is home safe again though.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

20. Member
    Frankly I wish they would cross license so we could have both on a single platform...

I could see having 360 to watch where things are and Livescope to focus on one slice of the water...
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast