Cool evenrude g2 ho maintenance

I know the big claim to owning a evenrude g2 in no scheduled maintenance is 5 years or 500 hrs before dealer maintenance . But for you out there running these motors It goes without sayig you will have to change the lower end gear lube at least once a season but what other things should be changed yearly does this motor have air filters water separators other things that should be changed yearly looking to repower have run merc for ever however the more I look at the g2 ho leaning that way . just trying to take all thing into consideration The motors are not cheap trying to look at all things to maintain and keep my investment for a long time
    If there is anything that I should consider that you g2 H. O. users have come across please list it
    Thanks any thoughts or comments to help would be welcome
    Thank You

2. Member
    Not sure on the G2 exactly as I have a G1 but my manual has a 3 year Recommended Maintenance list, I just had it done for the first time, I want to say it runs about $500... from what I remember it was, lower unit oil, plugs, water impeller, code check, and I had them winterize. I’m missing something but someone will complete the list. Great motor, enjoy

3. Member
    The G2 150 HO has two fuel filters, one inline on the fuel hose which requires Oetiker clamps to replace and a spin on canister fuel/water separator filter on the port side of the motor. I’m coming up on one year this spring with 60 hours on the motor. I’ll change those filters. The lower unit fluid is any easy check for level and condition due to the clear reservoir on the starboard side behind the cowling cover. I’ll check that but anticipate changing later this fall. While the manual says 500 hours, in my mind the filters and lower unit lube is cheap insurance for peace of mind at sooner intervals.

4. Member
    So really not any cheaper owning a 150 HO to a merc 150 pro xs yearly maintenance would require about the same Good marketing strategy on evenrude part
    But from what guys are saying the 150 H O hell of a motor

5. Member
    From what I see on the Evinrude parts web page, regular parts like filters, thermostats, plugs for the G2 are no more expensive than what I bought for annual maintenance on my 2004 Johnson 150.

6. Member
    plugs for my g2 are $120 - i'll get the lower lube changed and the fuel seperator filter changed this spring.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

My G1 has the three year no maintenance...in my owners manual there is things listed to get done every three years but there is also a few simple things listed to check/service more often.