Nitro Z19 opinions

I have owned a blazer 202,basscat sabre, and phoenix 618. Out of those the 618 was my favorite but also only owned it 8 days till a drunk driver totaled my truck and boat. With that said I have only been in 2 nitros with the most current being Z8. I will say I’ve never even considered a Nitro but they seem to have come a long way and used prices are very tempting. So for the guys running a Z19 what did you come from and whats the pros/cons?

2. Member
    I came from a Ranger Z518 but prior to that I had several 20 foot plus boats. I wanted something in the middle between small and large and the Z19 is pretty much a perfect fit for me. The 200 pushes it really well in the mid to upper 60's, storage is more than adequate, it is heavy enough to handle a decent chop very well, has great hole shot, and is very comfortable. I really like the seats. I haven't fished tournaments in years so someone else will have to comment on that aspect but so far I am enjoying it as well as any of the past rigs I have owned. I haven't had a single issue in my first year and hope it stays that way.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

3. Member
    Bought mine last summer and love nearly everything about it. Rides great, handles great, 200 hp Merc ProXS 4S is da boss, plenty of rod and tackle storage, front deck is huge, seats are extremely comfortable, and dealer (Cabela’s) was fantastic to work with. Only con. I can see about the boat is replacing the batteries is going to be a pain as they are tucked up under the back of the rear storage area. Also, I’ve had to tighten down the rod locker hatches already. Not a big deal, but irritating from a brand new boat. Biggest issue so far has been the trailer. One of the running lights on the side fell off and had to be replaced. Am also taking it back to the dealer soon to fix an issue with brake fluid leaking from/out of the brake fluid cap on the tongue. Growing pains I’m sure, but I give credit to the folks at Cabela’s for taking care of my issues.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

4. Member
    I came out of a zx225 Skeeter to my 18 z19. I love the boat. I have no regrets. It fishes great, rides great, and the fuel economy from my HPDI to the ProXS is night and day. Haven't had any major issues that you don't see from a new boat. Has been back to the shop only once over the past year.

5. Member
    That is all great information guys. I still have a little while before I buy and hope I can find one to test drive.

6. Member
    I am and always will be a Champion Fan at heart. I ran one for 15 years and when the time was right to finally buy a new boat I entertained every boat out there that would fit my criteria. I talked to BassCat, Ranger, Skeeter, Charger Elite and Nitro. I will admit I was very specific on what I wanted and what I didnt. Anyway buddy had just purchased a 2018 Z19 and I went with him on break in and fished a few more times in it. Then by circumstance I had to pick it up for him when he was ouuta town. It pulled great and I was amazed it fit into my garage......So it got me thinking. Anyway he said take it out a few times and fish it and see what you think. Well I did and I was very impressed. It was on plane in 3 seconds, very responsive and hit 68 mph in no time at all. It had a huge wide deck and plenty of storage. It was comfortable to drive and after 2 days I was looking. No other manufacture would budge on what I wanted except Nitro so they got my money. Let me explain I wanted a bare bones boat, motor and trailer. No one could do it. I refuse to finance electronics, troll motor and other options that wont last the length of note. I purchased 2018 Z19 year end close out with zero hours and it had basic troll motor and 1-5" graph. i sold both and bought 2 HDS 12's and new ultrex out of pocket and my monthly note is less than 270.00.
    So far I love everything about the Z19 and I think its a great buy IMO
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota