Thread: Need lift.

Need lift.

I have 2 different Bravo 1XS props, a 24 & 25.5... Ever since I've put on my Ultrex, it seems I lost any lift I've had. Does a person add cup to help that? I was wanting to send both props off to Mark to clean knicks off. My 25.5 is a better all around prop than my 24 so I was also thinking of pitching up my 24 to either a 24.5 or 25 and something tweaked to get more bow rise. Thoughts?
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

You need 2X more cup in the tips. Mark can fix you up.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Double cup will most likely solve your problem. You could also try lowering the engine 1/4" and see if you can regain the leverage on the hull.

4. Member
    Your 25.5 is already a 24 pitched up with some extra tip cup.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Double cup will most likely solve your problem. You could also try lowering the engine 1/4" and see if you can regain the leverage on the hull.
    I have a hydraulic JP and I've tried all heights. It definitely needs prop work
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

6. Member
    What rpm are you turning each prop? I'd call Mark and see what he says but I'd about say you'd be better off having your 25.5 cleaned up, selling the 24 bravo, and picking up a 24 fury 4 if you can turn it.
    A fury 4 out of the box will out lift a Bravo by a ton and with the Bravo blades being thinner you run a higher risk of slinging a blade when worked.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    What rpm are you turning each prop? I'd call Mark and see what he says but I'd about say you'd be better off having your 25.5 cleaned up, selling the 24 bravo, and picking up a 24 fury 4 if you can turn it.
    A fury 4 out of the box will out lift a Bravo by a ton and with the Bravo blades being thinner you run a higher risk of slinging a blade when worked.
    If I remember right, I was turning that 25.5 Bravo up around 6K in cool weather and 5850 ish in warmer weather
    David Geske
    Boatless Family Man

As mentioned, Bravo I FS/XS props are produced in even pitches, then tweaked at the factory to increase the effective pitch. So, your 25.5 started life as a 24, then got cupped to make it a 25, then got even more cup to make it a 25.5 I personally have not heard that the 1/2 inch pitched Bravo 1 props perform as well as the straight odd/even numbered pitches. I'd probably try a straight 25" Bravo I XS on your two stroke.

I run a Ronnie Gilbert worked Tempest Plus in a 24" on my BassCat Sabre FTD AE. 69.8 mph in cool weather, and there's more there if I can drive it. Lots of lift. I also run a 25" Bravo I FS (I have a 175 Yamaha SHO) and my hole shot with two people and 30 gallons of fuel is under 4 seconds. Solo, it's 3 seconds and a solid 68 mph in warm weather, and it lifts the crap out of the bow, with a slight bit of stern lift. The Bravo 1 props have a shorter barrel with less flare, so don't provide as much stern lift as some other props, BUT, you can run the engine higher so the net effect is about the same.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

9. Member
    You might also try an original Bravo 1 or the new long tube. I know when I ran a 26 in the original and XS the same day, the longer tube/barrel made a huge difference in lift.
    Champion 206
    250XB