Over size crank baits

I have several old hard plastic crank baits they are like big crank baits in various colors they old 1970 1980 some have words in raised on the back of the bait. names of the bait I think. If I could post pictures I’d put them up just wondering don’t see them in the vintage bait sites..

2. Member
    Mann's ?

3. Member
    Here’s a picture of two of the lures the other is a Big O and these appear to be about the same size. Any idea what they are?

4. Member
    Rogers? Big Jim?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RJR View Post
    Rogers? Big Jim?
    Don’t believe it’s a Rogers. All the Big Jims I’ve seen have a raised eye and have roger’s On one side and Big Jim on the other. I’ve been fishing them since the 70s and I still fish them. With that said that doesn’t mean they didn’t make some without those characteristics. Just my opinion.

6. Member
    Norman Big N's?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    Norman Big N's?
    Doesn’t look like Norman either.

8. Member
    Bottom is Strike King Big S. Made in mid 70's I do believe.

9. Member
    JR21-can you tell what any of the raised letters are? Not sure I have seen raised letters on the back of a lure. Unless I'm reading that wrong. Would love to see pics of it.

10. Member
    The one on the bottom looks exactly like a Cabela's Crank that I used in the 80's. I don't know who made them for Cabela's, but they cost half what a Big Jim or Big N cost and the caught too! The eye looks very similar as do the undersized cheap hooks.

11. Member
    I’ll get a picture of it. Not all have the letters.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ukey28 View Post
    The one on the bottom looks exactly like a Cabela's Crank that I used in the 80's. I don't know who made them for Cabela's, but they cost half what a Big Jim or Big N cost and the caught too! The eye looks very similar as do the undersized cheap hooks.
    Lure on bottom also looks a lot like a Big L. I think I remember reading that 1 of the companies who was tooled up to make the alphabet baits back when the Big O craze hit the nation actually made lures for many of the smaller companies. That would mean that many of them have a body that looks the same, but the eyes and color schemes would be changed. So unless it has a distinctive eye or color, it might be hard to nail down which company it is imo.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR21RDC View Post
    I’ll get a picture of it. Not all have the letters.
    Thanks! I would be interested in seeing them.

14. Swap & Sell Moderator mrbasser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Moore View Post
    Don’t believe it’s a Rogers. All the Big Jims I’ve seen have a raised eye and have roger’s On one side and Big Jim on the other. I’ve been fishing them since the 70s and I still fish them. With that said that doesn’t mean they didn’t make some without those characteristics. Just my opinion.
    EXACTLY on eyes and Rogers being labeled - it was in the molds

Quote Originally Posted by preacher ed View Post
    Lure on bottom also looks a lot like a Big L. I think I remember reading that 1 of the companies who was tooled up to make the alphabet baits back when the Big O craze hit the nation actually made lures for many of the smaller companies. That would mean that many of them have a body that looks the same, but the eyes and color schemes would be changed. So unless it has a distinctive eye or color, it might be hard to nail down which company it is imo.
    Bill Lewis (Rat L Trap) made the Big L - they're raised eye baits like Rogers and the old Shakespeare Big Shaker too. MANY MANY alphabet baits out there like these I have a lot of trouble differentiating them.
    Karma is real... DON'T BE A D!CK!!!