Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by laposta28 View Post
    I’ve had this boat and graph set up for 2 years and never had an interference issue with my graphs. Can’t imagine it’s interfence since nothing has changed except software in the units. Standby on the bow graph sounds like a good plan. I’ll try that next time I’m out
    Standy, or Off.
    OR:
    If you set the Max Depth to a little deeper than where you navigate, it keeps the unit from searching for a couple thousand feet depth when it cannot get a return echo when the motor is stowed. Takes a while to recover if you don't.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

2. Member
    12 Mega G2n SI. I just purchased it this past Fall or late summer.

They wouldn't give me any prior firmware. She said once you go 1.9, you can't go back. Whether it's true or not, that is what she told me.

Quote Originally Posted by sfw1960 View Post
    What model?
    V 1.610?

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless69 View Post

They wouldn't give me any prior firmware. She said once you go 1.9, you can't go back. Whether it's true or not, that is what she told me.
    I think "she" has the Helix and SOLIX units mixed up.

SOLIX notes:

• Once 3.360 is installed, the factory recovery will be updated to 3.360.
    • Users will not be able to “recover” back to 3.040, 3.110, 3.120, 3.230, or 3.300
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stainless69 View Post

HB offered to take me back to the previous update on my G2N 10” SI. I’m sticking with 1.9 for now although it’s quirky.
    Last edited by Pelican; 03-11-2019 at 07:57 AM.

5. Member
    I wonder if they will ever get it right.
    HMC USN RET
    2022 Falcon F195/Merc 200 and all the goodies I could get on it.

6. Member
    I used my 12 SI and 10 DI, both with 1.9, yesterday and am pretty satisfied. Hopefully, the updates can only get better from here but I will definitely be hesitant prior to loading any new updates. 2d was right on the money in 10' of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger62 View Post
    Updated both my Helix 7 G2 units Si and Di both units are useless now can't see my dropshot on bow unit (di) anymore and both units are so out of whack. I'm real close to switching brands.
    Was there a note in the DI unit's software description like in this post?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=968750
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Wayne, quick sanity check the other day when I went to 1.9 for one trip did Hummindbird do away with a couple to the predefined screen views compared to 1.6 ? I reset defaults and went back to 1.6 and seem to recall some missing on 1.9 just wasn't on it long enough to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jayg4 View Post
    Wayne, quick sanity check the other day when I went to 1.9 for one trip did Hummindbird do away with a couple to the predefined screen views compared to 1.6 ? I reset defaults and went back to 1.6 and seem to recall some missing on 1.9 just wasn't on it long enough to know for sure.
    Do not know, I don't use a majority of the views available so if any are missing, they are not any I use.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Yes they did I lost a few views I use to use on one of my dash units. I mentioned it in a post above
    Nitro z21

11. Member
    Looking for feedback before updating my new Helix 7 G2N. Looking for feedback from those that have updated to 1.9 and have had time to test on water.

I see they created a step update depending on what version you are coming from.

Everything working ok?

Quote Originally Posted by JR13 View Post
    Looking for feedback before updating my new Helix 7 G2N. Looking for feedback from those that have updated to 1.9 and have had time to test on water.

I see they created a step update depending on what version you are coming from.

Everything working ok?
    The Depth/2D issue is fixed with the Helix 7 CHIRP SI GPS G2 I have. The Enhance Contrast/Sensitivity glitch is still present if you use an Imaging Sensitivity setting is less than 0.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    I went out yesterday for the 2nd time using v1.90 on my Helix 10 SI Mega Chirp GPS G2N. My SI and DI seemed to work well. My issues are with 2D. Still have "dithering" of the depth, i.e. flipping up and down from, for example, 32.7' to 120.2'. Does not do it as often though so I guess it's an improvement.

Also, the 2D screen still occasionally flips up and down between the normal single bottom in, for example, 20' of water to a triple bottom.

Once, it showed me the digital depth which was 16.7' but the image of the bottom was nowhere on the screen.

14. Member
    Lol
    Nitro z21

15. Member
    Update on my 1.90 experience. Helix 10 G2N MSI. Went to 1.90. Had problems with helix intermittently freezing and then rebooting when changing views. Reverted back to 1.84. Corrected the freeze/reboot issue. Encountered same depth problems and having to enhance image settings. Downloaded 1.90 again from HB. Loaded both Helix 10s again. No freeze or reboot issues. Depth reading seems solid. Still some enhanced image settings needed and still missing digital heading readout.

16. Member
    Updated my Helix 10 msi and 10 mdi. Got out Sunday for a bit. MDI seemed to be unaffected but the MSI seemed to be really dim, at least the left side did. I didn't play around with them a whole lot but didn't have any freezing or resetting issues. I am starting to believe the MSI units are just cursed. I will post some pictures Thursday of any issues when I'm out fishing.

17. Member
    Got out today with my Mega 10 units. The SI unit did give me a lil trouble but I figured it out. Would not completely load up and would freeze on the initial Humminbird screen that appears when you first turn it on. The only difference on this trip from the last was I added a lakemaster card. Moved it from the first slot to the 2nd slot and it was fine. I love my Mega Di unit. Dual Spectrum Sonar is the shiznit! DI images were superb! Wish the SI units didn't have so many issues.

18. Member
    Let me know when it’s debugged so I can safely upgrade my Helix 12 SI.
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

19. Member
    Anyone out there tried this 1.9 update on GEN1 Helix 10 SI or GEN1 Helix 10 Sonar GPS? Seems like everyone has G2 or 3.
    I've had a depth reading issue on my console unit through many software updates but could be my high speed thru hull ducer on y cable being the issue. I have to manually adjust lower depth range on 2d and DI to keep bottom low on screen. I terribly resent it but other than that, I'm relatively satisfied with my 1 SI unit and 3 Sonar/GPS units and 360 (all networked) with 1.84. If 1.9 fixed my depth issue at console I'd do it in a heartbeat. But scared it could hurt more than help.

I've read every post on this thread.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatKev View Post
    Anyone out there tried this 1.9 update on GEN1 Helix 10 SI or GEN1 Helix 10 Sonar GPS? Seems like everyone has G2 or 3.
    I've had a depth reading issue on my console unit through many software updates but could be my high speed thru hull ducer on y cable being the issue. I have to manually adjust lower depth range on 2d and DI to keep bottom low on screen. I terribly resent it but other than that, I'm relatively satisfied with my 1 SI unit and 3 Sonar/GPS units and 360 (all networked) with 1.84. If 1.9 fixed my depth issue at console I'd do it in a heartbeat. But scared it could hurt more than help.

I've read every post on this thread.
    I've updated Gen1 H10 and H12 SI models with it. I didn't have a depth reading problem before and still don't but not sure I like the update. They have cut sensitivity to the point that I almost have to use Max Mode all the time for 2D. Still undecided on whether to revert back to 1.64.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast