Talon on a hi jacker

Has anyone put a talon on a pro hijacker jack plate... pics and any info would help

2. Member
    I just attempted to use the jackplate mounts on my Triton and I have a 6 inch hi jacker hp. Needless to say it didn’t work out. The brackets sit WAY too low and would’ve caused major issues with drag. I put one side on, took it right off and exchanged them for the sandwich style mounts instead. I’ll be installing them on Monday. I can send you pictures of you want. Feel free to PM me and I’ll text you pictures so you can see how it looked.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Jordan, can you post some pictures of the way they were mounted and let me see if I can help.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    It won’t let me post them due to the size. Basically with the way the JP mount was set up the very top of the bracket that the Talon mounts to sat right below the rub rail. I also bought the tilt brackets and the height of the mounts werent high enough. The sandwich style bracket will raise the height of the brackets and Talons by close to 7 inches giving me better clearance for the Talons to actually be able to tilt and not cause issues with the entire mount and part of the Talons always sitting in the water. Shoot me your number in a PM and I can text you the pictures.
    Last edited by JordanC; 03-10-2019 at 09:59 PM.