New Garmin Owner

Hey Guys,

Took BPS up on their deal today. Went out and purchased two 93SV with the CV52HW Ducer. This is 2 parted (excuse my lack of knowledge, been a lowrance guy)

1. If I want to "stack" the two 9's on the bow; do I just need the 6 foot network cable and use one of the ducer's?

2. If I plan on running 1 on the bow and 1 at the console, a Network Cable; 20 foot Im assuming will be required... What ducer is needed for the transom of the boat?? Im assuming the 52 that came with the units will not suffice. Attached to this question; will I need a 5 port ethernet box if I plan on adding panoptix down the road?

Thank you gentlemen.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 530norcalfisher View Post
    Hey Guys,

Took BPS up on their deal today. Went out and purchased two 93SV with the CV52HW Ducer. This is 2 parted (excuse my lack of knowledge, been a lowrance guy)

1. If I want to "stack" the two 9's on the bow; do I just need the 6 foot network cable and use one of the ducer's?

2. If I plan on running 1 on the bow and 1 at the console, a Network Cable; 20 foot Im assuming will be required... What ducer is needed for the transom of the boat?? Im assuming the 52 that came with the units will not suffice. Attached to this question; will I need a 5 port ethernet box if I plan on adding panoptix down the road?

Thank you gentlemen.
    1.) Yes
    2.) Yes...20' cable fits most applications. I have the CV52 installed on the transom and the trolling motor. There are different transducers to choose from but the CV52's work for me. Yes, if you wish to keep the units networked you'll need the ethernet port expander when installing Livescope.

Option...if you chose to also purchase/install Garmin's Ultra HD Sonar System (GCV20 Black Box w/GT34UHD transducer) this would give you an ultra HD transducer and the black box has an additional network port for Livescope.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

3. Member
    Toby!

Thank you sooo much. Looking to start the install today at some point.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 530norcalfisher View Post
    Toby!

Thank you sooo much. Looking to start the install today at some point.
    Congrats on the purchase!
    Any chance you can take pics along with your installation and post them in the installation thread to help some of us out?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=959006&page=2