Ultrex bad power switch?

I am having problems with my ultrex coming on when it is turned off. I can close a rod box in my garage and it will turn on, I have to manually turn the switch on and off to get it to shut down. Any easy fix?

2. Member
    Most likely the switch. Common problem. It can be the controller board but the switches are being replaced by Minn Kota ASC. Had mine done last week.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougL58 View Post
    Most likely the switch. Common problem. It can be the controller board but the switches are being replaced by Minn Kota ASC. Had mine done last week.
    thanks for the heads up...are they just sending the switches out or dies the unit need to come off the boat and go to factory authorized repair center? Thanjs for replying!

4. Member
    Call your ASC and see if you can just stop by with the boat. If it's just the switch it can be fixed in under 5 minutes.
    Mine was coming on for no reason and it turned out to just be a loose connection on the switch, one of the female spade connectors was very loose on the switch. I squeezed it together with pliers and haven't had a problem since.

John Jones said the switch is actually open when the Ultrex is off. When the switch is in the off position it is closed so a loose connection can allow the motor to come on.

5. Member
    The above is correct. If yours is doing with you shut the rod locker, it sounds like you have a loose connection turning the motor on. Carefully remove the switch and check the connections.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Banned
    Same problem and found the wire on my switch wasn’t plugged in correctly. The male terminal was not inside the female connector but between the metal and the plastic insulation. If you find out you need a switch let me know and I’ll send you a new one for free.