Question 09 200 hp Opti trim question

I have a 09 200hp optimax. I was changing the lower unit line today. I trimmed the motor down and let off the trim switch on the motor. A few seconds late it started to trim itself up. So is the switch on the motor bad or the solenoid sticking. Is there a way to test or trouble shoot the switch.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Guys- please post in the forum for your engine for best results. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Sorry. Its stock and didnt think a 200hp was high performance

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No problem- just remember your engine is a 3L model. For reference, here's the information posted in the Stickies at the top of the forum:

It will help you to receive faster, and more accurate responses if you will post your questions in the appropriate forum:

Mercury Motors (this forum)
    TWO STROKE models (Less than 135 hp).

Mercury - 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 2.0/ 2.4/ 2.5L Two Stroke motors (Carb, EFI, Optimax or Racing).

Mercury - 3 Liter & 3 Liter High Performance
    For discussions related to 3L Two Stroke motors (XS, ProXS Optimax, EFI, or Racing)

Mercury - 4 Stroke / Verado
    For discussions related to ALL Mercury 4 Stroke Engines.

For fastest/most-accurate assistance, please choose the correct forum.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor