Thread: Chic navigation

Chic navigation

Going in a few weeks worried about navigating around the lake
    appreciate any areas to avoid
    dont want lose a lower unit
    thanks in advance

Get a navionics map and stay in the channels
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

3. Member
    Amen! There are some of big sand bars on that lake that I have ever seen. Bad thing is some of the creeks run parallel to the bank. You will see someone running 60 mph 10' from the bank. But to get to the river channel you will have to hug the bank for a couple of miles and then turn out to the river channel. You better be careful. The water is as low right now as I have ever seen it. We are expecting 8" of rain this coming week.
    BulletTJ
    Tim
    There is never a wrong time
    to do the right thing!

4. Member
    Navionics has a free online website with a lot of data. That said, it is a river/ lake and things move all of the time.

5. Banned
    LakeMaster will save you a lot of heart ache on Chickamauga. I've seen more than a few beached on sand bars because they cut inside of a channel buoy. Makes for great entertainment watching them try to motor off them.

Bill

I use the LakeMaster and it seems fairly accurate.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

7. Member
    I use lakemaster in my h birds- I adjust depth contours to lake level, highlight areas of water that are shallow- I do at 5 feet or so, and it works great

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HH45cal View Post
    I use lakemaster in my h birds- I adjust depth contours to lake level, highlight areas of water that are shallow- I do at 5 feet or so, and it works great
    Same here. If you can't adjust for lake level you're in for a bad time on chick. I don't know about the newer navionics cards but the one I have that's 3 years old is missing quite a bit compared to lakemaster

9. Member
    For lake level offset and what I use on my Gen 3 Lowrances and Navionics I found the following online and it works well

1. Chart Page:
    2. Menu
    3. Chart Options
    4. View
    5. Depth Highlight
    6. Set your lake drop amount in the MAX box
    7. Set the MIN box to “0”

This shows a wide band blank white screen of the offset. If you want to highlight that with the shallow water dot grid….just go back to the shallow water box and set it to the same number as the MAX box.