Heavy Rains coming

Looks like i will be fishing some current and dirty water next week at Gville. Alway something. Hope to snag a few shallow..

2. Member
    if water gets as high and muddy as predicted, definitley fish shallow on the banks.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

3. Member
    will they bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    will they bite?
    We about to find out

5. Member
    Pitching a big Jig up in the flooded timber always worked for me when the water was outside the banks. Not tons of bites but usually quality ones.

I plan on staying off the main lake. I think the warm rain coming in some of the bays will get the fish shallow. Taking extra rain gear and boots....

7. Dogfish_Jones
    Bang the banks, Any type of structure and you will find them. If you come across a feeder creek, that's even better. Blow downs, fresh covered grass, weeds, good also.
    Throw a jig in there, maybe a lipless crank and skirt the sides to see if they will come out and play.

8. Member
    This morning the lake is at 595.1 feet. Flood warnings have been issued for Jackson county as 7-10” of rain is forecast. Water will likely be released in advance of the heavy rain but this weekend water will be high and fast on the main river. There will be a lot of debris in the main river that is hard to see. Some ramp docks may not be useable.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    This morning the lake is at 595.1 feet. Flood warnings have been issued for Jackson county as 7-10” of rain is forecast. Water will likely be released in advance of the heavy rain but this weekend water will be high and fast on the main river. There will be a lot of debris in the main river that is hard to see. Some ramp docks may not be useable.
    I keep hearing this, but when i go to the local news channels websites it not that much. I will report from the water this weekend.

10. Member
    Will goose pond ramp be usable? Also can you get under all the bridges or will the water be too high for some?
    Pool 10

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Will goose pond ramp be usable? Also can you get under all the bridges or will the water be too high for some?
    Too early to tell. Heavy rain only recently started. If you look at the radar you can see how much rain is coming.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc Gregor View Post
    Won't be any issue with using the boat ramp at Goosepond itself, but I fully expect the docks will be underwater like the Christmas flood in 2015.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225