Thread: Newton Lake

Newton Lake

Haven't been over in a few years, heard they shut the plant down?

2. Member
    This topic has been beat to death. I'd recommend those inquiring to do a search on the lake and add to the comments of existing threads pertaining to the question.

Plant still runs, but has slowly been phasing out. I don't believe there is any validity in plant shutdown talk, it just runs less. Temps indicate more of an ambient lake than a cooling lake which disappoints a lot of folks. The gene pool is still there despite shock data, but it seems the consensus is the quality has been slowly declining. That said, in recent years, we crush loads of 3+lbs fish with 4s and 5s and the random 6. Still a great lake, especially for Illinois IMO.

3. Member
    Slow now but it's what you would expect with 49 degree muddy water. Plant idlng , plus cold fronts probably going to snow tomorrow.

4. Member
    How muddy is the water ? I might be going there on sunday . I know the cold side is usually clearer but with as much rain as there has been I could see it being muddy also. The last time I was there the cold side was mostly frozen but it was about 1.5 feet of visibility . The hot side was 6 inches to a foot . Has that changed at all ?