??? Lowrance HDS 16 on Dash???

Has anyone put a Lowrance HDS 16 on the dash of a 920 or 921? Just curious if there is enough setback to mount it directly to the dash. Any pictures would be awesome. Thanks
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 V8 ProXS

When I was doing a plant tour last week, they said they put one on Hackneys boat. He said he could just barley see over the top of it

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

I was really, really, considering going that route on my boat. It was just too big to fit nicely IMO. Its either going to be too high and block your sight or too low and be behind the wheel.
    I went with dual 12 and couldn't be happier, they are low enough to see over and with the split the wheel doesn't block anything.
    Boatless

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nojretlas View Post
    I was really, really, considering going that route on my boat. It was just too big to fit nicely IMO. Its either going to be too high and block your sight or too low and be behind the wheel.
    I went with dual 12 and couldn't be happier, they are low enough to see over and with the split the wheel doesn't block anything.
    Did you mount directly to the console or use a mounting platform such as BBT or Precision Sonar?
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 V8 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by DocG View Post
    Did you mount directly to the console or use a mounting platform such as BBT or Precision Sonar?
    Tried both...Precision sonar worked out best for me.
    The BBT mount put my units up higher and spaced more, I preferred lower and closer. With the split, the steering wheel blocking the view is no longer an issue, although with the precision mount I needed a wheel spacer.

BBT

Precision
    Boatless

If you have a normal Phoenix dash then a bbt mount should work perfectly. If you have the newer dual dash with the shelf you can mount it directly to that with the factory gimbal and it should be fine. Personally mine is on a bbt mount and it’s not too high for vision at all and I’m 5’6”.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright