Thread: Charger 198

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OKDennis View Post
    I’m curious what brand of mounts are they using for the depth finders? What size units are those?
    Looks like Dek it mounts and I’m guessing 16” garmins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Need to get you one ordered, Mark
    Reggie if I could swing it financially, I'd be in Kelly's office in Branson West RIGHT NOW picking colors and options rather than typing on this damned computer!!

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by geobass View Post
    Just asking, why the need for so many push buttons on the panel? Is there that many things to control?
    Elevator buttons, easier to replace but not as compact as the touch pads that have become common in recent years, Phoenix does the same thing with rocker switches.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geobass View Post
    Just asking, why the need for so many push buttons on the panel? Is there that many things to control?
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Elevator buttons, easier to replace but not as compact as the touch pads that have become common in recent years, Phoenix does the same thing with rocker switches.
    I'm also assuming that with the number of buttons, one is function "on" and one for function "off" ... just WAG on my part

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Yep. Go over to the Ranger board and see the number of guys that have the 'digital' touchpads that Ranger no longer sells when theirs go out. Mine went out last year and thank Heavens they still had one to replace it. I want a boat that DOES NOT have 'digital' ANYTHING on it. I want to be able to replace ANYTHING that goes out. Give me SIMPLE. Thank you Kelly and Charger.

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Yep. Go over to the Ranger board and see the number of guys that have the 'digital' touchpads that Ranger no longer sells when theirs go out. Mine went out last year and thank Heavens they still had one to replace it. I want a boat that DOES NOT have 'digital' ANYTHING on it. I want to be able to replace ANYTHING that goes out. Give me SIMPLE. Thank you Kelly and Charger.
    For Champions with the MegaLink system (like my 210), you can order a rocker switch conversion if yours dies for about $1500.00. It also ain't just plug & play ... it requires changing the main harness in the boat, so if you're not mechanically or electrically inclined, you got to hire someone to do that too.

7. Member
    For Champions with the MegaLink system (like my 210), you can order a rocker switch conversion if yours dies for about $1500.00. It also ain't just plug & play ... it requires changing the main harness in the boat, so if you're not mechanically or electrically inclined, you got to hire someone to do that too.
    That would SUCK!

8. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    That would SUCK!
    I bet it's the same for Ranger and Stratos MegaLink systems. I don't know what Triton is using, Legend used Omni-BUS by Digital Switching Systems.

9. Member
    I bet it's the same for Ranger and Stratos MegaLink systems. I don't know what Triton is using, Legend used Omni-BUS by Digital Switching Systems.
    You're probably right Reggie. Just something to look for when you are in the market for a boat I guess?

10. Banned

There’s a thread in the champ page now that said the conversion is no longer available...pita

11. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Rocker switches are bullet prof mine are 20 years old I have replaced the face plate and those just snap off and on.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Rocker switches are bullet prof mine are 20 years old I have replaced the face plate and those just snap off and on.

Yep, I don’t understand the desire for all this electronic BS.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You mean you don't want to be able to run you live wells with your iPhone while on vacation in Guam???... You're so 1995... Dan

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    You mean you don't want to be able to run you live wells with your iPhone while on vacation in Guam???... You're so 1995... Dan

No doubt! I guess if I could afford to trade in for new every couple years it would be ok, us poor boys gotta keep what we buy for decades.

I'm also assuming that with the number of buttons, one is function "on" and one for function "off" ... just WAG on my part
    Nope each button turns things both on and off.
    Charger 210 Elite

16. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    Nope each button turns things both on and off.
    Post us up a pic so we can see what all them buttons are for

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    You and Me both brother. I hate all this "high tech" crap. It's not if, but WHEN the junk dies.

I'm liking what I'm seeing from Charger Manufacturing more and more.

We don't have any real close dealers near here but that's okay my 206 is looking good. Not in any hurry to make a change but like what I'm seeing.

Reminds me of two things!

If it isn't broken then don't fix it.

And

K.I.S.S. : Keep It Simple Stupid !!!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Post us up a pic so we can see what all them buttons are for
    Here is a crappy pic of the switch panel. Holding a flashlight and my phone doesn't bode well for a good picture.
    The top 2 rows are the same; each row is for one of the live wells. The 2 rocker switches at the bottom are the high/low setting for each heated seat.

Charger 210 Elite

20. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Was able to save it and blow it up to get all the labels ... Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast