Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Why do people bash Nitros

I have owned a 2001 Nitro 929cdx dc for 8 years and I like my boat. Yes I would love to own a newer boat but prices on newer ones even used newer ones are through the roof no matter what brand boat. But why do so many people bash Nitros? I mean KVD, EE, RC, OD to name a few own nitros and have won millions fishing out of one. So why do people hate on them so much? Are they cheaply made? Bad customer service? Just looking for your thoughts

2. Member
    Trust me you while have plenty of people stop by here that AREN'T Nitro owner to tell you just why they feel the need to bash them. But bottom line is that Nitro's rep was shaky in the very early going. That's not the case anymore and there are comparable boats out there to just about every Nitro in the lineup that are thousands of dollars more than the Nitro. IMO they feel the need to bash to justify their ignorance about Nitro and to justify the extra $$$$ they spent on their "far superior" boat. It's laughable at this point really.

I have owned 2 Nitro boats and have no intention of switching brands when it comes time for my 3rd.

Don’t hate’m. They are a price point product, more so in the past. That’s not bad, just reality.
    People get bent when someone tells them they are not top tier.
    ie:Ranger, Charger, Bass Cat, Skeeter and others. No hate, just honest.
    I may own one one day. Some say “your just paying for the name.” with top tier products.
    I don’t agree but to each his own.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

4. Member
    I swore off Nitro's about 3 years ago. But I swear every time I look at a Z20 I like it more and more. I can build out a Z20 for $47,000 and get everything I need plus some. The same boat with a Ranger badge on it would cost me 65K+.

I think Nitro's Quality Control and fit and finish has improved greatly over the years.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

5. Member
    [QUOTE=DeGraaf;10045067]
    People get bent when someone tells them they are not top tier.
    ie:Ranger, Charger, Bass Cat, Skeeter and others. No hate, just honest.
    QUOTE]

Top tier is a subjective term. A nicely equipped Nitro is about as top tier as it gets to me. I don't need an overpriced Ranger, Bass Cat, Allision or anything else to say what I have is top tier.
    Last edited by Flippin 416; 02-15-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Equipment should have nothing to do with whose top tier. I acknowledge they had a past. I think they have been working for along time to change it, and it takes time. Quality and Value is different from one person to the next.

My dealer is awesome, and its a bass pro. Good people that work there, and they go above and beyond to help out.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

My dealer is awesome, and its a bass pro. Good people that work there, and they go above and beyond to help out.
    Same here!
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

8. Member
    It's just pure ignorance. Most who bash have no idea what they are bashing. I owned a ranger... now I own a nitro. No regrets what so ever. I had a man fish a tournament with me who couldn't believe he spent x amount of money on his basscat when he fell in love with my nitro.

9. Member
    It’s a preference thing and everyone thinks brand x is better than y. As for the pros, they could win in a Jon boat, it’s the money/sponsorship that puts them in the boats they are... all marketing. I think they are all different and everyone wants different things out of a boat just like a truck, that’s why they’re all out there. What’s important is love the boat you have and can afford, it’s what the boat allows you to do that’s supposed to be the fun

10. Member
    I've owned a Ranger, then a Triton and now my Z8 Nitro. Hull wise, it goes Triton TR20X for speed, then my Z8 for all around ride and speed and then Ranger for good ride in smooth water and kinda slow. Storage the Triton was better than my Z8. You pay way too much for a fancier looking console and some chrome bits on the back (Ranger). The Z19-21 Nitros have just as good of carpet, nice big decks, and good storage. Ranger is definately not worth 20K more.

11. Member
    I catch piles of fish out of my Z9... I know that sounds crazy, but it’s true. ��

12. Member
    Being an older guy I have had time in my life to own 2 Stratos, 2 Triton's, 2 Rangers and a Skeeter. All great boats. I was one of those who looked down their nose at Nitro for many years. I thought my last Ranger was my last boat but I just never could get used to it's smaller size and a 150 after having had larger boats most of my fishing years. A new Ranger 519 was on my mind but I just could not get past the price. My local Bass Pro had a Z19 on the floor and I spent a lot of time going over it. Yes, there are some construction differences but not $15K or more, at least that I could see. The more I looked the more I wanted one. Pro's Choice made it happen for me and I have been completely satisfied with everything about it. I realize that some bass boat aficionados probably feel sorry for me when they see me at the ramp but doesn't bother me a bit. My Z19 performs the same functions as the most expensive boat out there for a lot less money. So far it has been flawless.

I was at the Tulsa boat show a few weeks ago and stopped to looked at a Skeeter. A rep or somebody was there and asked my if I was interested. I said no, I already had a boat. He asked me what, I told him and his only comment was "Oh" in an obvious condescending way. Probably won't change anytime soon for some but I think Nitro is turning some heads. There was a lot of Nitro's at the show and a lot of lookers.
    Last edited by jtrac; 02-15-2019 at 09:51 PM.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

13. bd_skeeter
    Craftsman ship and quality. Look down top cap/rail and they don’t put enough gel to hardly make them shine kinda dull n wavy! Z21 fishes awesome just don’t run as fast or handle like a some others out there. Mostly just the resale and the not so shiny finish that I don’t like

Quote Originally Posted by bd_skeeter View Post
    Craftsman ship and quality. Look down top cap/rail and they don’t put enough gel to hardly make them shine kinda dull n wavy! Z21 fishes awesome just don’t run as fast or handle like a some others out there. Mostly just the resale and the not so shiny finish that I don’t like
    That may have been in the past but Nitro has stepped their game up. Both from a production and QC side. Nitro is building quality boats the last few years. I never had an issue with my 2015 Z7 and after 4 years still looks new.

15. Member
    a lot of them bash nitro to make themselves feel better about the extra 10 to 15 k they put into a boat just to fish out of on the weekends.

16. Member
    Actually, I don't hear any bashing about Nitro in my neck of the woods... Maybe here and there, 20 years ago, but definitely not anytime recently. We've owned a Skeeter, two Sun Trackers (pontoons), and, now, a Nitro. I've regularly fished out of these brands, Ranger and Basscat, and have been out on many, many others (various CC bay boats, Boston Whalers, multi-species tins, etc.). Given that all brands have generally become agnostic to engine options, I just don't see a ton of differentiation points among the major brands' current offerings. Too, I think that the private equity roll-up of many of the brands, along with the massive industry consolidation, we've seen over the past 15 years has further narrowed significant areas of differentiation. They all have their own pros and cons, and I've yet to be on ANY boat in my life where I couldn't look around and find areas for improvement.... That is, none are perfect and, IMHO, they all are competing to advance their technology (or, at least, their marketing of same) while leaning heavily on lean manufacturing and cutting costs where feasible to make up (maybe a brand skimps on wire gauge, or another skimps on sub-par latch hardware or, say, cheapo bilge/LW pumps or seat posts, or another skimps on cosmetic fit and finish of consoles) -- which leads me to look for best value / best bang for the buck when shopping. Best bang for the buck is a dynamic variable, and changes from model to model and year to year -- but, I personally think that the massive beast that is White River Marine Group is, and has been for some time now, producing some of the best value boats on the market. Given that Nitro traditionally was a direct-to-consumer brand, I, personally, think that dealer alienation churns/churned up a good portion of any bad vibes associated with the Nitro/Tracker brand -- disintermediation makes for some serious backlash. Not a Nitro fanboy by far, but folks that bash them are fools.

17. Member
    Nitro makes the best boat for the money, bar none.
    2017 Nitro Z21, 300XS, 24p Fury and Bravo1 XS 26p & 27p, 12' Talons, Gen3 12's, SonicHub2, 3DScan and 112 Ultrex and Fortrex.
    2017 Ranger Reata 223F, Mercury 150 Four Stroke, HDS12 Gen3, TotalScan, and Xi5

Quote Originally Posted by bd_skeeter View Post
    One day someone can show me this. Resale is a myth as we have debated many times. Wavy and dull? Love see the difference here.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

19. Member
    Same here

20. Member
    I went out and looked at the gunnels on mine. Nice and straight, shiny and no waves. That was with the sun coming in thru the garage door. May be an exception.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast