20180422_210103.jpg
    20180422_210128.jpg
    Looks awful shinny to me ��

Why? Stupidity, bottom line.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

It’s a preference thing and everyone thinks brand x is better than y. As for the pros, they could win in a Jon boat, it’s the money/sponsorship that puts them in the boats they are... all marketing. I think they are all different and everyone wants different things out of a boat just like a truck, that’s why they’re all out there. What’s important is love the boat you have and can afford, it’s what the boat allows you to do that’s supposed to be the fun
    Well said!
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

4. Member
    I'm still using my 2009 z7 and it is working as good as the day I bought it. I am very particular about it and wash right after every use, keep it covered, and under a boat shed, but the boat still looks brand new besides the few scratches.

2009 was "before" fit, finish, and quality were supposed to be fixed. Looking at the z boats at BPS now there is a WORLD of difference from my boat to the new ones but like someone else mentioned the cost of new boats is just more than I can justify for the amount I fish especially when my boat is still working perfectly fine.

My fishing buddies own: 2017 BassCat Erya, 2016 Ranger z20, 2014 Nitro z8, 2018 Triton 21trx which are all great boats but all have issues and need to be cared for as does any boat.. Get what you want that suites your needs, get on the water, and don't look back.
    2009 Nitro Z-7, Mercury 175 Pro xs, Hydraulic steering, Motorguide 82lb TM, HDS 7 w/ structure scan, Lake Insight, and Eagle 640c at console HDS 7 Lake Insight at bow networked , 3 bank charger, 6" manual Slidmaster Jackplate.

5. Member
    I got a 2018 Z18 because of the price, I thought I had seen enough good reviews about them.
    OH NO I should have never bought this pos... If you don’t think quaility is better on another brand u need to look a little closer.
    Mines about to be in the shop for the third time in less than a year.

A Falcon was my second option but was more than my budget at the time. After looking at Falcons at the boat show a couples weeks ago i know I should have spent the extra money on one......

What problems are you having? My 2015 Z7 never had any issues.

7. Member
    That sucks, BearCreek. Please share. I know I had issues, but all were borne by dealer ineptitude.

I run a Phoenix but I am a fan of Nitro boats. Matter of fact, I saw one at my local dealer today that looked pretty sweet. I would run one in a heartbeat. There is no perfect boat anywhere on the market so buy what you like and works for you. Anyone who looks down their nose at another fisherman’s boat brand isn’t a true sportsman.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    There is no perfect boat anywhere on the market so buy what you like and works for you. Anyone who looks down their nose at another fisherman’s boat brand isn’t a true sportsman.
    Wise words! Nitros I've looked at were pretty sweet. Don't pay attention to the knuckle draggers that bash your rig.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    I run a Phoenix but I am a fan of Nitro boats. Matter of fact, I saw one at my local dealer today that looked pretty sweet. I would run one in a heartbeat. There is no perfect boat anywhere on the market so buy what you like and works for you. Anyone who looks down their nose at another fisherman’s boat brand isn’t a true sportsman.
    +1. I ran a '97 Nitro 896 with a 200 Mariner for 12 years. Caught a bunch of fish and cashed plenty of checks out of it. It was a solid rig built in the "supposed" sketchy days. I'd run a Nitro again without question as long as I could get the top end speed that I currently enjoy. I like to go fast.
    2014 920/SHO

11. Member
    Actually I would say let them bash. Keeps our prices lower!

Where is all the bashing? If you don’t agree that a cheaper product is not every bit as good as the more expensive and in the more expensive product you’re just paying for the name you are bashing?
    I like Nitros! May own one someday! A Chevy is not a Porsche or Ferrari. Cranking out more product at a lower price has an affect.
    Love Corvettes but they don’t compare to a 911. To not acknowledge Nitro is a price point product is uninformed or dishonest.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

13. Member
    I wouldn’t make a Chevy/Porsche argument. Maybe more like a Chevy/Buick. I for one think that Nitro builds a great boat. My bil has an older 482 I think the model is and it fishes great. Just as well as my buddies Ranger and my BassCat. You won’t catch me talking shit about someone’s boat choice

14. Member
    I have 2 friends that had Nitro's, both fished very well. The only people I've heard of hating on Nitro were the owners.....but that could be said about any boat owner....

M

15. Member
    Just got a new to me 2016 Z21 pro. Has 38hrs on the merc 250. Boat looks brand new. Older gentleman retired, bought the boat and became ill and can't fish anymore. I bought this boat and just sold my tr20 Triton, which I loved! I was also weary of Nitro because of past history. But I gotta tell ya I'm loving this boat. Definitely the nicest boat I've ever owned and I have had several. I got 73.6 mph in rough water on the test ride. Boat rides well and im gonna love the deck space. It seems well put together and handles better than my Triton at higher speeds. Time will tell but right nod in a Nitro fan!

I’ve had several in my shop and I’ve restored gel, reupholstered seats, added LEDs, set up, installed jackplates, etc and I don’t see a problem with the brand. All brands have their issues to a point.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    It’s a preference thing and everyone thinks brand x is better than y. As for the pros, they could win in a Jon boat, it’s the money/sponsorship that puts them in the boats they are... all marketing. I think they are all different and everyone wants different things out of a boat just like a truck, that’s why they’re all out there. What’s important is love the boat you have and can afford, it’s what the boat allows you to do that’s supposed to be the fun
    Your summary is spot on and speaks volume. I love my rig and what we do together. I treat her well and she’s never let me down.

2013 Z9 250 Pro XS 1B936712
    <'/////>< Tie one on... The knots for life.

18. Member
    Was at the BPS in Gurnee, IL last Friday and they have a 2019 Z20 and a Z21 and I gotta tell ya they were damn sharp boats. Neither were stripped and the fit and finish looked great. I liked the Z20 and it was well setup with a 250 Pro XS 4S, Ultrex 112 and good graphs for $55K. Didn't seem like a bad deal to me. Not pimping this particular boat but here is a link so you can see the options.

https://chicago.trackerboatcenter.co...boatID=6941776

There are no bad bassboats being built today. Nitro has really stepped up their game.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

19. Member
    I have a Z20 that is 2 1/2 years old. The boat itself is very good and seems well built. However, the carpet is cheap and looks terrible. It will need to be replaced before long. It is getting black streaks in places where there is little to no traffic. A friend of mine has a Z8 with the same carpet issues. Also we have both had trailer brake issues.

20. Dogfish_Jones
    I have a 2015 Z7, and I have had nothing really go wrong with the boat, Now I have already had to repalce all my bunk boards on the trailer. Three of the four were crack into. Thats not the boat, it just think they need to make sure they improve their trailers.
    I would not hesitate one bit about buying another Nitro.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast