New ProXs 4 Stroke and Humminbird Solix units

I do not have a serial number for new engine as it still hasn't come in (ordered last week of May 2018). I have replaced the old 8 pin harness with a new 14 pin cannon plug style harness with all new controls and smartcraft SC1000 Tach. Have the 4 port smartcraft junction box and the acc. harness from merc. My question is what other items will I need to hook this new engine into my Humminbird Solix 12?

Thanks.
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp
    2019-250 H.P. Mercury ProXs 4 Stroke V8 Serial# 2B531797

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Smartcraft Instrument with Gateway (such as a Level-1 MercMonitor) and a NMEA-2000 Network.

Make sure your Humminbird supports connection to NMEA-2000 (some require a module).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Smartcraft Instrument with Gateway (such as a Level-1 MercMonitor) and a NMEA-2000 Network.

Make sure your Humminbird supports connection to NMEA-2000 (some require a module).
    Would my SC-1000 tach have a gateway?
    I have a 4 port junction box part number 878492K14
    and also 84-899785K30
    I have a NEMA2K backbone in my boat now just trying to figure out how to go from my NEMA2K to the smartcraft then to my locator. This is all new as I had an older non smartcraft optimax before and completely redid all engine harness and controls and gauges in prep for new engine arrival.

Thanks
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You will need a Level-1 MercMonitor (as stated above). It serves as your Smartcraft Instrument AND a NMEA-2000 Gateway.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Bird doesnt play well with NMEA 2000.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

6. Member
    You will need a Level-1 MercMonitor (as stated above). It serves as your Smartcraft Instrument AND a NMEA-2000 Gateway.
    thanks Don.
    2019 Phoenix 721 ProXp

7. Member
    Hello Don! Hopefully you can see this. I ordered a new bass boat with a new 2021 Pro XS 250. I am hoping to add a Mercury NMEA Gateway so I can connect an NMEA 2000 to my Humminbird Solix. Do you know if the Mercury Pro XS will have a Smartcraft junction box under the dash of the boat ready to connect the Gateway?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Bird doesnt play well with NMEA 2000.
    I have a 2020 300R with MercMonitor gauge and NMEA 2000 backbone connected to a Gen 1 Solix 10 at the console and it works great. The only thing I had to do was go into the settings on the MercMonitor and turn on the NMEA gateway. It was off by default.
    2013 Bullet 21XRD
    2020 Mercury 300R 1E080760
    3 Garmin 126SV
    LVS34/LVS32
    Ultrex with iPilot Link
    8' Raptors

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oregonbass12 View Post
    Hello Don! Hopefully you can see this. I ordered a new bass boat with a new 2021 Pro XS 250. I am hoping to add a Mercury NMEA Gateway so I can connect an NMEA 2000 to my Humminbird Solix. Do you know if the Mercury Pro XS will have a Smartcraft junction box under the dash of the boat ready to connect the Gateway?
    Suggest opening a separate thread for your specific boat/question. Please be sure to include the Engine Serial Number (AND some information on the boat- Make, Model, and what instrumentation you have in the boat from the factory). A picture of that console might be helpful as well.