Rear compartment drains

I have 2 compartments in the rear that do not have drains. I get a washover when coming to a stop. I usually mitigate this with a tap on the gas but occasionally I still get some. I get some water in the compartments. I also get some if I'm out in the rain. Both of these hold batteries and chargers. I don't want to just open them up with a hole to drain. The back of the compartment is hard or impossible to reach with batteries in. Looking for best suggestions on flush mount one way drains or remote open/close valves, again flush mount.

https://thmarinesupplies.com/product...s-hatch-drains

not sure what kind of boat you got that they forgot that part but these would be easy to install and look factory

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    Should have detailed the boat; Champ 187. No access to the underside of the rear compartments. Prefer not to put in an open drain. Looking for a one way to let water out. May not be possible with no access to underside of the compartment. Was thinking a ball float valve. Just don't like having a bit of standing water in the battery compartments when I get backwash or rain.

Can you put the channel drain in and descreetly run a hose off the bottom to another compartment? Ive seen these drains routed thru a bottom corner of the compt into the bilge area

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    Scratch the one way drains. I thought these compartments were sealed but I found they are open onto the bilge at the top in the back so no reason not to just put a drain hole in the bottom of the compartment.

6. Member
    Learn how to prevent the backwash,as you slow down and come off plane the boat will sit down, when it does give it just a little throttle, that will stop the backwash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Learn how to prevent the backwash,as you slow down and come off plane the boat will sit down, when it does give it just a little throttle, that will stop the backwash.
    His third sentence indicates that he does this, but still occasionally has a little backwash come in, or otherwise has issues with rain.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

8. Member
    excuse me