Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    Vexus all the way. Better engineered, better built, and a better company standing behind the product.
    Engineered and built by the same engineers and builders that engineered and built the first one.

2. Member
    Been in an RT188 and have never seen a Vexus.

But! I’d be leaning towards a vexus solely because the construction looks that much more robust and it has a pad. Other than both being aluminum though, they’re entirely different boats.
    Last edited by Lape0019; 02-27-2019 at 03:17 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
    Engineered and built by the same engineers and builders that engineered and built the first one.

Basically they took what they learned on what was good and what could have been improved and made better from their time at Ranger and used that to build a better quality boat. Some builders innovate and others replicate. I feel the RT 188 made a lot of other long existing tin boat companies go back to the board to raise their game, and they did just that, started building better boats with better features and quality processes. And Vexus will do the same thing IMO.

As said earlier, Vexus is not the boat I would personally want, as I would prefer the LUND Rivited 18' bass boat, but of the 2 boats mentioned in this thread, I think Vexus wins hands down.

4. Member
    Have you looked at a Lowe? I bought a Stinger188 last year and it was loaded jack plate, fish finders, power pole, stainless prop and a Monster front deck. The storage boxes are plentiful and way bigger then the Ranger RT188. Boat cost just over 31,000

I looked a at Vexus recently. It is a nice boat. I'm not about to trade in my RT188. It does what I need it to do very well. I do wish it was a pad hulled boat, but...

2014 Ranger RT188
    115 Merc 4s, laser II 20p
    humminbirds

I have owned about 25-30 boats. The first one was a bass boat in 1972. For the type of fishing I do, the RT188 fits the bill nicely. It is great in the shallows and very stable. I fish a good bit with a guy that looks like a offensive lineman for the Dallas Cowboys and actually was a college lineman. When he moves around in the back, it's nice that I don't get thrown off the front deck. I like the RT188 a lot. I can close to trading it for a Vexus this summer, but decided to do some upgrades to the RT like an Ultrex instead of trading it.

If you are set on buying a brand new boat, I think the Vexus is better designed than the RT in a few areas. I have owned the RT for over 5 years and spent a lot of time looking at the Vexus. But the Vexus is going to cost you a lot more money. If you look at BoatTrader, there are some new RT188 boats in the $25-26 range or so. I don't think you will find a Vexus anywhere near that. I decided to keep my RT188. If I did not have a boat, I would probably find a good used low hour RT188. If I had to have a brand new boat, I would try to get a deal on the Vexus but they are expensive.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    I have owned about 25-30 boats. The first one was a bass boat in 1972. For the type of fishing I do, the RT188 fits the bill nicely. It is great in the shallows and very stable. I fish a good bit with a guy that looks like a offensive lineman for the Dallas Cowboys and actually was a college lineman. When he moves around in the back, it's nice that I don't get thrown off the front deck. I like the RT188 a lot. I can close to trading it for a Vexus this summer, but decided to do some upgrades to the RT like an Ultrex instead of trading it.

If you are set on buying a brand new boat, I think the Vexus is better designed than the RT in a few areas. I have owned the RT for over 5 years and spent a lot of time looking at the Vexus. But the Vexus is going to cost you a lot more money. If you look at BoatTrader, there are some new RT188 boats in the $25-26 range or so. I don't think you will find a Vexus anywhere near that. I decided to keep my RT188. If I did not have a boat, I would probably find a good used low hour RT188. If I had to have a brand new boat, I would try to get a deal on the Vexus but they are expensive.
    The Vexus is going to be a $40k boat all day

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    The Vexus is going to be a $40k boat all day

The Vexus 1880 is just over $27k MSRP. You'd need a hellofalot of options to get it over $40k.

https://vexusboats.com/model/avx1880/overview/
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

9. Member
    I just built one on their website. Two 10" 'birds, ultrex, 2 power poles 115 pro XS, £48k

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    I just built one on their website. Two 10" 'birds, ultrex, 2 power poles 115 pro XS, £48k
    $12k in accessories that will bring the price up on any boat.

To the OP. Too bad you are not closer to Bedford Sales in Morris, IL. When I was there a few months ago he had 3 Vexus models, some RT188's, RT198P's, and a couple Lund Renegades all on the same showroom floor.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    The Vexus 1880 is just over $27k MSRP. You'd need a hellofalot of options to get it over $40k.

https://vexusboats.com/model/avx1880/overview/
    My local dealer is quoting a starting price of $25100 for an 1880 Vexus.

13. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    I've looked at both. Based on looks and layout alone, the Vexus wins.
    ...And we all know that looks and layout catch fish, oy vey!

Buy Ranger and be part of the Brotherhood, nuff said!
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

14. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Vexus all the way. Better engineered, better built, and a better company standing behind the product.
    I drooled over both of the boats in question at the Tulsa Boat show. The very reason I would not be going with vexus just yet is because they have not been around long enough to know any of what you posted. However, If in the market for these two boats 5 years from now it would be a very tough decision. For now ranger gets the nod for me.

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    ...For now ranger gets the nod for me.
    You Sir, are a smart man!

To those driving Rangers, I salute you...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

16. Banned
    How can you say better company?
    Thought it was just started up might want to wait an see . Just saying

17. Member
    If I wanted a pad boat, it'd be an Xpress or glass. What I understand from Airport is the price difference between Ranger and Vexus is pretty stout and they aren't offering them yet. I am immensely satisfied with my 188. As I've gotten older, I'm persuaded that it's more important to have high grade accessories to enhance the experience. Give Vexus 2-3 years to see how the satisfaction keeps up with the advertising.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chainslinger1959 View Post
    How can you say better company?
    Thought it was just started up might want to wait an see . Just saying
    Randy hopper & Keith Daffron And the Wood family are already proven in the industry. I trust them way more than a JM company when it comes to innovation, quality and not taking short cuts to save a few bucks.

They left Ranger after the takeover, to pursue their passion, building quality boats.

19. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Randy hopper & Keith Daffron And the Wood family are already proven in the industry. I trust them way more than a JM company when it comes to innovation, quality and not taking short cuts to save a few bucks.

They left Ranger after the takeover, to pursue their passion, building quality boats.
    see below (for a good time)...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

20. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar

Oh, that's right, Tracker (JM) is not a quality boat and not the #1 selling boat is USA. Nor do they sponsor a NASCAR driver... How stupid of me to think that....

Oh wait a minute, that's you that is stupid not me, STUPID!
    Stick to shooting those dink Bucks..
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast