what is the best map card for kentucky lake for a humminbird ?

I don't remember which card I have but it shows 1 foot lines on barkley which I tend to stay away from . Kentucky lake just shows big blue blobs and contour lines are far and few between . I don't fish the lake regularly only when our team classic goes there so a little better map would go a long way .

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkirch View Post
    I don't remember which card I have but it shows 1 foot lines on barkley which I tend to stay away from . Kentucky lake just shows big blue blobs and contour lines are far and few between . I don't fish the lake regularly only when our team classic goes there so a little better map would go a long way .
    Great Lakes v 2.0 or 3.0 would be good.

3. Member
    Check out Humminbird Chart Select.

4. Member
    Navionics. You can check the coverage on their website. I use two for my birds
    2013 Lowe FM165 WT
    90hp Mercury Optimax
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 106sv
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 93sv

Depends on your style of fishing. If you like to ledge fish and have the link setup for Ultrex then I like the Humminbird charts outside of that I like Navionics. Just my 2 cents
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

6. Member
    is there any kind of preview of the chart select ? It would be nice to see it before I buy it .

7. Member
    is there any kind of preview of the chart select ? It would be nice to see it before I buy it .
    I've downloaded Ky Lake and it's just like my 2 Lakemaster Maps. If you decide to go that route you can also get the FishSmart app and view the map there. The only complaint about I found it is kinda pixelated when zoomed in under 50ft.
    Last edited by Greenwing1; 02-15-2019 at 08:41 PM.

8. Member
    I'm sure many of us would take a screenshot if you have a particular area in mind.

With Navionics you can go to their website look at the map before you buy it....Navionics/Products/GPS Plotter Charts...then you have three different maps to chose from. Once you select a map you can zoom in over the region and zoom onto the lake you want to see and view the detail of the map.

FYI if you buy a card from them it comes blank. You have to download the Navionics installer program to your computer. This allows you to install the maps on their blank card....you can not simply buy a blank SD card and download maps off their website. The blank card you buy from them has an inscription that allows you to load maps onto the blank card. I have minimal computer skills and I figured it out in just a few minutes.

10. Member
    Navionics is what I use on Kentucky Lake. I would suggest either a Platinum card or a Navionics+ Regions. Be sure you turn on SonarCharts when you do use one for more detail.

Also, if you have any old mapping card that you dont need anymore, you can participate in the rebate program Navionics is offering now.

https://www.navionics.com/usa/lp/rebate

11. BBC SPONSOR
    I run the Lakemaster Plus Southeast States for Kentucky/Barkley.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

12. Member
    Lakemaster in my opinion. Shows much better definition and 1 ft contours. Navionics, however, does show you the actual locations of roadbeds, bridge pilings, etc..