Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone ask a bank fisherman if he wants to come on the boat?

I saw this awesome video on YouTube where this gentleman noticed s guy fishing for bass on shore. He idled up to him and asked him if he would rather come and fish off the boat. Guy was ecstatic and gladly joined! I thought this was s cool story and was curious if anyone has or heard of anyone doing that?

2. Member
    Look up the U-tube video where Scott Martin took a kid that was at the boat ramp fishing.
    John the Garage Doorman

3. Member
    Haha I've seen it! Trash talking James!!

4. Member
    I've done it. Here we have mostly rivers and creeks with inaccessible shoreline due to trees and padfields. I've invited bass fishermen to get in my boat, some have accepted.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwbrown08 View Post
    I saw this awesome video on YouTube where this gentleman noticed s guy fishing for bass on shore. He idled up to him and asked him if he would rather come and fish off the boat. Guy was ecstatic and gladly joined! I thought this was s cool story and was curious if anyone has or heard of anyone doing that?
    I might be wrong but I think that was Joe Holland.

6. Member
    That's awesome, I was once there seeing the bad ass bass boats launch and out there ripping down the lake wishing I could be on one. I think it would be fun to ask a random bank/bass fisherman to go!

Cool gesture

I can't take anyone out on the kayak, but I have given away quite a few baits over the years to kids and adults on the bank.
    Ranting incoherently

8. Member
    Hey that gesture is nice as well!

I did it once with an older gentleman who was on the shore crappie fishing...I was also crappie fishing as that's what we have to do if we want to fish lakes before the the second weekend in May.

I had heard him talking to another angler a couple weeks earlier when I was out on a particular bay of that lake ice fishing (yep, things change quickly up here!) and learned that he had recently lost his wife of over 50 years. Undoubtedly he was pretty lonely. As I idled through the channel into that same bay and heard his voice, I immediately recognized it and offered him to jump on board. He did! What a neat experience for me to talk to him and hear his stories, and I hope it was a neat experience for him to get out on the boat and to be able to escape from the new reality that he was having to get used to and to catch a few fish. I hate myself for not getting his contact information - that was several years ago and I've not seen him since.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    I did it once with an older gentleman who was on the shore crappie fishing...I was also crappie fishing as that's what we have to do if we want to fish lakes before the the second weekend in May.

I had heard him talking to another angler a couple weeks earlier when I was out on a particular bay of that lake ice fishing (yep, things change quickly up here!) and learned that he had recently lost his wife of over 50 years. Undoubtedly he was pretty lonely. As I idled through the channel into that same bay and heard his voice, I immediately recognized it and offered him to jump on board. He did! What a neat experience for me to talk to him and hear his stories, and I hope it was a neat experience for him to get out on the boat and to be able to escape from the new reality that he was having to get used to and to catch a few fish. I hate myself for not getting his contact information - that was several years ago and I've not seen him since.

You probably made that guys week
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

11. Member

That's fantastic, good on you.

I have certainly thought about it before but for whatever reason never have. Shame on me.

12. Member
    Was fishing a river that runs by a small town where I grew up. Finishing up near a community hole where folks bank fish, I started talking to a man. Turned out he was a childhood friend whom I hadn't seen in forty years. I ask him if he'd like to get in the boat and fish. We spent several hours together talking about old times, our families and how time has a way of showing us what really matters. I'll always remember that day.

13. Member
    Good stories here. I am going to make a point of it to make this happen this year.

14. Banned

15. Member
    Joe holland. Great guy.

16. Member
    I've done it, and every time I have I've felt good about it afterwards.

17. Member
    I’ve done it before and have also had it done to me before I had a boat. Most of us are out there for the same reason. Might as well make it more enjoyable if we can

18. Member
    When I was 17/18 I'd show up at ramp the day before a tournament with rods and a bag and stand on the dock. Didn't take long before someone offered...pretty cool. Repaid the favor once when I got older.

19. Member
    picked up a couple bikini clad girls at the swimming area with a ski boat. does that count?

I saw Bill Dance pick up Mel Tillis off the bank one time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast