Need help with 2 things

IMG_0109.jpg So the picture to the left is a tear on the seat. Does anyone have an recommendations on how to fix this? Would a vinyl patch/repair kit work?
    IMG_0111.jpgThis picture is on the bottom where i accidently hit bottom on the boat ramp. How would you go about fixing this/making it look better. I have some marine tex but i think this area is too small for it. I also bought some gel coat. I was hoping one of these 2 would help with the area. How would you go about fixing this? Steps/procedures?

For the upholstery, that's a pretty big area. You can cover it with Tear-Aid clear repair tape to keep water out of the foam. But it's gonna look patched. Other options are a vinyl patch kit - but no idea how well that would work on a corner area like that; Have an upholstery shop redo that seat; Get new seat skins from manufacturer (if available for your boat); get brand new seats.

You could certainly use MarineTex on that hull repair. Color may not match, but it's on the bottom of the transom - who cares?

Here's a DIY for traditional gelcoat chip repairs that should help you.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=482762

3. Member
    marine tex is the one of the more popular epoxies recommended here and that thread posted helped me some too for sure...

I used some formula 27 from evercoat however it does say on the bottle not for under water line (It was recommended to me by one of the workers as he said it will be easier to work with) adding to the fact marine tex can be hard to shape / sand down or at the least VERY time consuming. I can imagine other forms of epoxy will work too but the formula 27 was very easy to shape and work with... and once a clear coat is applied it would be water proof...

I only got a few outings on the work i did but so far no issues or anything and I have yet to put a clear coat on it.

what ever you use... take your time and youl be impressed with yourself how it turned out.... or atleast I was for mine considering I spent 40$ or so vs a shop quoting me aprox 1K (I had more then what is picture here though)

This was how mine looked before... the left corner was chipped pretty badly too....

And this is what it looks like after I was done.. and i could of definitely spent more time touching it up with 2K grit for a cleaner polish... the only thing I cant get out is the black you see even after various coats where applied. I figure once a clear coat is put on it would clean it up.

2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209